21 | done is done

Via's POV
2:05 pm | ethan's old house

my hands are clammy as we pull into ethan's driveway. my nerves are on edge and i take a deep breath to settle them. i rub my stomach, extremely grateful that my babies are okay. but wincing at the slight pain that still exists.

ethan's hand lands on my arm and his finger traces a few circles. i look up into his eyes.

  "baby, it's going to be okay," he says leaning and kissing my lips. "i love you so much."

  "i love you too," i whisper pulling away to look towards the house. i look back at ethan. "we should probably head inside."

  he nods his head and gets out of the car, running to my side and helping me out. we walk hand and hand up to the front door, cameron waiting on the inside. she opens the door for us and my nerves sky rocket through the roof.

  "oh! hello, via," lisa greets me as i walk in, going for a hug. sean waits for his turn and then hugs me as well.

  "hi, mr. and mrs. dolan," i say to be polite. this is technically my first time meeting them in person.

  "please, call us by our first names, you're making us feel old," she says chuckling a little at the end.

  i nod and glance towards ethan.

  "so what brings you two here?" sean asks gesturing us to sit down.

  i do and pull my shirt out so it doesn't suction to my bump. ethan sits next to me and places a hand on my thigh.

  "mom, dad," ethan sighs glancing over at me. "via's pregnant."

  lisa gasps, sharing a long stare with sean. my heart stops, i swear. sean closes his eyes and lisa looks back at me.

  "how far along are you, sweetie?" she says in a kind voice.

  "uh, almost three months," i stutter looking down at the ground.

  "what's done is done, i guess," sean says standing up and walking towards the kitchen.

"dad," ethan says and stands up following after him.

i put my head in my hands and rub my face.

"via," lisa says lifting my chin up out of my hands. "are you okay?"

i nod my head. "yeah, i'm good."

she rubs her hand around my back and pulls me into a hug. i pull away from the hug and take her hand, placing it on my stomach. she squeals.

"you already have a bump!" she says and then her eyebrows scrunch together. "wait, you have a bump?!"

i laugh and nod my head. "it's twins."

she squeals even louder as i laugh louder. "can we do a reveal party?"

oh shit. i forgot that what we planned on asking lisa when we got here. oops.

i nod my head. "me and ethan came here to see if you guys would want to throw a party. i have the sexes in an envelope in my bag."

"i'm sure sean wouldn't mind having it here, unless you want it back in california," she says.

i shake my head. most of ethan's family and friends are here except for grayson. i only have brady and coralline in california so i could just fly them out here.

"all of ethan's friends and family are here so we should probably do it here," i suggest. she nods her head.

"what about your family? wouldn't they like to come?" she asks innocently.

ouch. that hurt a lot more than it should have.

"mom, i told you, via's parents passed away when she was eleven," ethan says popping out of nowhere.

lisa shakes her head glances at me. "i'm so, so sorry."

i offer a smile. "that's okay. i'm over it."

she sighs and rubs my back. "alright, so party here?"

i nod my head. "i'll just have to tell my brother and friend from cali."

a door shuts and sean walks out, motioning for me to follow him. i glance at ethan and he nods his head for me to follow his dad.

i get up and walk after sean into the kitchen. he leans against the counter with his arms crossed in front of him. he's very intimidating for an older man.

"listen, via," he starts, sighing. "ethan is my oldest son and i want nothing but happiness in his life."

i nod my head, agreeing. "me too."

he continues with his speech. "if you're what makes him happy then i'm happy, so congratulations."

i half-heartedly smile. "uh, thanks."

"i'm sorry about earlier. it just kinda came as a shock to me," he admits. "and with my sickness this may be my only chance to have grandchildren."

my heart breaks at his words and, out of instinct, i pull him into a hug. he embraces me and i quickly wipe away the tear that escaped my eye.

"thank you for making my boy happy," he says pulling away and smiling.

"anytime," i say, giggling lightly.

we walk back out to ethan and lisa to see that cameron joined them.

"okay so the party will be next weekend, so you and ethan will stay here for the next week," lisa says mentioning the party.

i grow excited. "okay, bring it on."

a/n: this chapter was such a flop oml seriously ok bye i'm leaving this earth forever bye
vote and comment!!!
-el

(edited)