epilogue

4 years later

"mommy don't make us go," carter whines wrapping his small arms around my thighs.

i run my hand through his hair.

"carter, baby, you gotta go. look eva's already making friends," i point towards the table that eva is sitting at.

"bup, you're gonna be alright," ethan says bending over and picking him up. "hey look at me, i love you, okay?"

ethan sets him down and grabs his hand. i take his other hand and we both pull him into the classroom.

the teacher comes up and introduces herself and carter stays silent.

"hi, mrs. baldwin, this is carter and his sister, who you may have already met, is eva, they're twins," i smile at her.

she grins and reaches out her hand for carter to take and he hesitantly looks at it. "well, hi carter, i'm going to be your teacher this year. i can't wait to show you how much fun we're going to have."

he bites his lip and looks back up at me. i smile and nod my head as he grabs her hand and she leads him into the classroom. he turns back around one last time and waves towards us. we wave back and then quickly walk out of the classroom so we aren't a distraction anymore.

ethan scoops my hand up in his and pulls me out to our car. he opens my door and then shuts it, running over to the drivers side.

"that was a little harder than i thought it was going to be," i say as ethan holds my hand again, pulling it towards his mouth and kissing it.

"i know, baby, but we had to do it at some point," he replies making me nod my head.

we sit in silence until we pull up to the doctors office for my appointment.

"you ready for this?" ethan asks pecking my lips and pushing my hair away from my face.

"as ready as i'll ever be," i reply opening the car door and walking towards the doctors office entrance.

a/n: she's preggo again btw lol this is the last and final chapter so i hope you guys enjoyed this book as much as i did writing it. well i love you all and you should recommend this to your friends lol i love you <3
vote and comment thoughts!!!
-el

(edited)

first of all just wanted to say wth? i just hit 10k on this book and idek how bc like this is literal trash but thank you to everyone who stuck with me ily
<3