8 | wanna hang out

Via's POV
11:03 am | apartment

  i wake up to the loud slam of the front door. oh shit. what happened this time? cora always seems to have 'family problems' when she goes back home, it's endless, i swear.

  i throw the duvet covers off of me and grab my phone from the charger. i mentally prepare myself for the vent session i'm going to be having with cora in less than thirty seconds.

  instead i'm faced with a shocking discovery. coralline stands at the kitchen counter, swaying her hips to the music bumping through her earbuds.

  "cora!" i yell to try and get her attention. she doesn't even flinch. "coralline!"

  her head snaps back in my direction and she rips the earbuds from her ears. her arms spread open and she runs towards me at full speed.

  once her body collides with mine, i fall back on the couch, shrieking in surprise.

  "v, i missed you so much!" she yells into my ear.

  "holy crap. shut the fuck up," i say, jokingly pushing her off of me after embracing her. "god, you're so loud."

  she giggles innocently and the corners of her eyes crinkle with excitement.

  "nothing bad happened back home?" i ask as i walk around the kitchen island and get out bread and avocados.

  she shakes her head. "we, for once, were drama free."

  i grin knowing i won't have to listen to her rant. "such a pleasant surprise."

  "so, v, what happened while i was gone?" she smirks raising a brow.

  "um, nothing that important," i say sarcastically, teasing her.

  "oh no, no you don't," she says moving her pointer finger from side to side. she comes closer and asks me again.

  "well i went on a date," i say trying to hide my smile.

  "with who?" she yells making me flinch.

  i smirk knowing she'll get a kick out of my answer. "uh, ethan."

  she screams. i mean full on screams.

  "coralline adams, we are going to get evicted, stop yelling," i say firmly trying not to laugh or smile.

  i break when she looks back up at me squealing excitedly but keeping her mouth shut.

  "wait, i thought he kinda went m.i.a. and never texted you," she says, reminding me of when he asked me out. "did he just come up to you out of nowhere?"

  "hah, funny you should ask, i went surfing one day and i didn't know he was the lifeguard on duty and i like kinda, uh," she nods her head signaling me to continue. "well i got sucked in by the current and almost drowned. but ethan saved me so i'm all good now."

  she stares at me with wide eyes.

  "you almost drowned and then when hottie with a body saves you he asks you out on a date?" she asks folding her hands up, resting her hands on top. "aw, how romantic."