2 | race ya

Via's POV
10:45 am | the beach

  my shift ends uneventfully. i pack up my things and walk out the back door. the parking lot is barely full, only four or five cars.

  i grab my phone out of my pocket and call up coralline. it rings for a few seconds and then she picks up.

  "hey, bitch," her sassy voice echoes through the phone.

  "hey," i reply chuckling to myself. "i'm on my way home. wanna go surf?"

  "finally," she drags out the y. "yes, hurry home so we can get to the beach. drive safe."

  "alright bye," i end the call and unlock my white BMW.

  i drive my way back to my apartment and park my car. i walk in the front door and spot cora on the couch wrapped up in a blanket. food's everywhere and the office is blaring on the tv.

  "what the hell is this?" i ask sarcastically referring to her mess.

"i'm getting up! give me a second," she screeches, frantically throwing the blanket across the couch and races to her room.

i walk into my room digging through my drawers and putting on a black scoop-neck bikini and some bottoms. i pull my hair up into a messy bun, then slip on my white birkenstocks and grab my backpack from the desk chair in the corner of my room.

i walk down the hall and head out onto the balcony grabbing cora and i's boards. she comes running down the hallway to help me and snatches her board from under my arm.

"thank you," she says as she walks towards the door.

i nod my head as we silently head out the door and place our boards in the back of cora's jeep.

i climb in the passenger side and she gets in the driver's seat. cora starts the car and turns the radio up blasting some kanye west.

my feet hit the hot sand and we both sprint towards the water. i throw my bag on the way, landing it next to some abandoned towels.

we race through the water and land on our boards. i start paddling out and the waves keep getting bigger. cora's a little behind but she catches up, quickly, matching my pace.

once we get out far enough i dive under the first wave and sit up in my board waiting for the next one. cora comes to a stop next to me and sits up as well.

  within a little less than forty-five seconds a six foot tall wave approaches us, slowly building up.

  "race ya!" cora yells laying down on her board again and paddling like crazy to get to the wave.

  immediately i lay down and paddle faster towards the forming wave. i stick my arms up and push myself off the board to stand. cora is further down surfing through the mass of water.

i put my arms down out to my sides and balance out. the water sprays up into my face and i whip the tail of the board back. i ride the wave as far as i can till i drop into the cool, salty water.

  after a good hour of surfing we head back up to the shore. i grab my backpack and get cora and i towels. we dry off and then lay the towels in the sand to tan for a little bit.

the sun shines down and it feels amazing, the way it warms my body and washes over me.

"hey, you want a smoothie from the bar?" cora asks standing above me.

"uh, sure, i'll do a strawberry kiwi," she nods her head and begins walking away. "no alcohol. please and thank you!"

her head bobs up and down as she strolls towards the tiki bar. i close my eyes and relax again as i wait for my drink.

about ten minutes later cora comes back with two smoothies in her hands.

"thank you," i say dragging out the u.

i take a couple sips. this is amazing.

"yeah, yeah. there is a really hot guy up in the life guard tower. just saying." she says dismissing my thank you as my eyes drift to the life guard tower down the beach.

no fucking way.

it's the guy from starbucks earlier today. he has a pair of sunglasses sitting on the bridge of his nose and his shirt is off. and damn let me just say he's a piece of art.

he slowly turns his head back and forth on the beach, scanning the water. his head turns in my direction and his eyes land on me, or at least i think they do.

the corner of his mouth slightly curves up and he raises his hand in a wave. i smile back and try not to look like an idiot.

coralline swings her head in my direction, looking me dead in the eyes. "you know him?"

"no, well kinda, i guess," i pause. "i made his coffee this morning."

"oh," she says nodding her head as she looks back towards the water.

"he called me cute," i blush thinking about it.

AUTHORS NOTE:
whoop whoop hey hey hey ok i'll stop.
vote & comment feedback!!
-ella

(edited)