13 | love

Via's POV
3:01 pm | her apartment

it's been about a month since me and ethan, you know, had sex. he told me he thought he was in love with me and he tells me everyday how much i make him happy. and to be honest he makes me happy too.

his smiles lights up the room whenever he walks in and his laugh, god his laugh is to die for.

"what are you thinking about?" cora's annoying voice broke my train of thought.

"uh nothing," i lie. i still haven't told her about me and ethan.

  "you're lying, valencia," she says. i groan at the mention of my full name.

  "fine," i whine. "me and ethan had sex." my voice becomes smaller with every word.

  her eyes widen and she gasps. "when? how? where? was it good?"

  "holy shit! chill freak. it was last month," i say guiltily smiling at the thought.

  "you waited that fucking long to tell
me?" she says her voice raising.

  "i'm sorry," i say the guilt lacing in with my voice.

  she rolls her eyes. "whatever. continue."

  "uh, well, it was amazing," i fiddle with my fingers.

  three knocks on the front door interrupt us and i raise my eyebrow with confusion. cora struts over to the door and opens it.

  "via! it's for you," cora yells and i peek my head out of the kitchen.

  "brady? what are you doing here?" i ask grabbing his hand and pulling him into a hug.

  "hey to you too, v," he chuckles and wraps his arms around my shoulders.

  "where's mary claire?" i ask looking over his shoulder towards the door.

  "right here," she says, her tiny figure popping into the doorway.

  i let go of brady and embrace her.

  "have you told him yet?" i whisper near her ear.

  she shakes her head and her eyes gloss over. i put my hand on her shoulder and rub it to calm her down.

  "you okay?" i ask quietly.

  "uh, can i talk to you?" she asks. i nod my head and pull her towards my room, shutting the door once we're both in.

  she takes a seat on my bed and i sit next to her.

  "i l-lost the baby, via," her voice cracks and a tear rolls down her cheek.

  "oh my god, when?" i ask, my eyes tearing up as well.

  she sighs and runs her fingers through her hair. "about two weeks ago i went in for a check up and they couldn't find the heartbeat."

  "mc," i put my hand on her back and rub it up and down. "you have to tell brady."

  her eyes widen and she shakes her head vigorously. "i can't he'll be pissed."