26 | at peace

Via's POV
8:01 am | dolan's house

a week later

"baby, wake up," a deep voice whispers in my ear.

strong arms wrap themselves around me and i feel a body close to mine. my eyelids fly open and meet with ethan's hazel ones. my arms fly around his neck and i pull him close to me.

  i kiss his neck a few times and he laughs, kissing my forehead.

  "agh, i missed you," i say connecting our lips and cupping his face.

  he kisses me hard and long, pulling away laughing. "jesus, i was only gone for a week."

  i shake my head. "that's way too long, e."

  he kisses me again and then climbs underneath the covers, pushing my shirt up and placing his hands on my stomach.

  i run my fingers through his soft curls as he kisses my stomach twice. he comes back up and trails kisses from my chest to my lips, locking them together once his are on mine.

  "mm," i mumble against his lips. "i love you."

  "i love you more," he says, laying his head down on my chest as his index finger traces circles on my swollen tummy. "and i can't wait till these little munchkins are born."

  i giggle. "me too. you're mom planned a baby shower for next week. do you think the moving truck will be here by then?"

  he nods his head. "yeah they should be. they only left a few hours after us."

  "good. then we can move all the stuff in and be ready for the party," i say closing my eyes.

  a jab in my abdomen sends my eyes flying back open.

  "did you feel that?" i ask alarmed.

  ethan's head lifts from my chest. "feel what?"

  "the babies, one of them kicked!" i squeal placing my hand on the area. ethan places his opposite of mine and gasps.

  "i felt it," he says, the excitement evident in his voice.

  they kick a few more times before stopping completely.

  "well as exciting as that was, i need food," i say standing up and leaving the warmth of the bed and ethan's arms.

  my shirt falls down a little past my thighs as i walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth. after i'm done i walk back out and ethan's laying in bed on his phone. he sets it down and stares at me as i slide a pair of sweatpants up my legs.

  "god, you look so hot in my clothes," he smirks.

  i look down and notice i'm wearing his shirt and that i just put on his sweatpants.

  i blush and shrug my shoulders. "sorry that i'm too fat for my own clothes."

  he laughs and jumps up from the bed, grabbing my face and kissing it all over.