10 | boyfriend-cutesy-type

Ethan's POV
8:00 am | the next morning

  i wake up to my phone alarm clock buzzing on the side of my bed. i groan rolling over and hitting snooze. i forgot to turn it off after yesterday.

  i lay down on my back and stare at the ceiling reminiscing the events from yesterday.

  i quickly pick up my phone and go to my messages with via. i click on the keyboard, my fingers tapping away vigorously. i type a cute and cheesy good morning text.

me: good morning. i hope your day is great

  within a few minutes she responds, making me laugh loudly.

valencia: you woke me up -_-

  here i am trying to be all boyfriend- cutesy-type and she ruins the moment. i type up my response.

me: i'm sorry baby

  she takes a few minutes to reply and i assume she's fallen asleep again.

valencia: that's fine i needed to get up anyway. what are your plans for today?

  i thought of my plans and realized i had to be at the beach by ten.

me: i have to go save lives at ten. but after that i'm all yours ;)

  i stand up and go into my bathroom, bringing my phone with me. i brush my teeth and style my hair with my fingers.

  i walk back into my room and open the bottom drawer pulling out a pair of red board shorts. i put on a plain white tee.

my phone vibrates against the marble counter top in the bathroom and i run to grab it.

valencia: oh geez, i don't think i can wait. lol alright be safe x

i smile at her text and slip on my slides, saying goodbye to grayson before leaving the apartment.

i walk out to my range rover, hopping in the front seat and starting it up.

the minute i arrive at the beach i dreadfully walk towards the lifeguard tower. i climb up the ladder and slide my sunglasses onto the bridge of my nose.

  i take my shirt off and notice a few girls glance at me. back off ladies, i'm taken.

  about two and a half hours later teresa walks up in a black bikini and takes my spot in the tower.

  "hey ethan," she sits down and waves at me.

  "hey," i say slipping my shirt back over my freshly tanned skin. "well good bye."

i climb down the ladder as she waves again and smiles. she's always been so sweet and if i'm going to be honest i used to like her. except she's has a long time boyfriend now and i'm not that type of guy. well and i have a girlfriend too, so.

i walk up to my car and punch in the password on the side of the drivers door. the car unlocks and i climb in the drivers seat starting up the car.

immediately i reach for my phone and see via's name pop up a few times from messages. i roll my eyes and chuckle. she's so clingy already.

i unlock my phone with my face and click on the texts.

valencia: ethan.

valencia: ethannnnn.

dear lord what does this girl need.

me: sorry i was working. yeah?

valencia: ugh finally. come hang w me i'm soooo bored

me: i'm on my way

the three dots pop up on my screen and seconds later her text bubble appears.

valencia: YAYAYAY

i laugh as i start the car up and lock my phone, placing it in the cup holder. i make my way to via's apartment and park in the empty parking space out front.

i walk up the stairs and down the hall towards her place. my heart races a little extra knowing her beautiful face is behind that door.

  i take a deep breath and prepare myself to knock. my knuckles meet the wooden door twice and i silently wait.

  "ethan!" via says as she swings the doors open.

  she jumps into my arms and i have to steady myself with the railing. her hair is messy and up in a bun while her sweatpants are baggy.

  "uh hey," i say into her neck. "what's wrong with you?"

  "i've been sitting at home all day without anyone because cora left and–," i put my hand up for her stop.

  i chuckle. "slow down."

  she playfully rolls her eyes and smiles. "i'm just happy i have someone to hang with now." she wraps her arms around my neck and pulls my face closer to hers.

  our lips connect and move together, slowly. she puts her hand on my chest and pushes away from me, hesitantly.

  "i'm hungry," she says closing her eyes.

  i peck her lips one more time before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the parking lot. she climbs in the passenger seat of my rover and i shut the door. i begin to pull out when via cause me to stop, abruptly.

  "wait, ethan!" she gasps causing me slam on my brakes.

  "what the fuck, v!" i look at her and she giggles a little but then her face softens. "what did you forget?"

  "well for starters, i look like trash and i need to change so turn around," she says unbuckling herself. before her seatbelt fully rolls up i snag it, buckling her back in. she scoffs and i continue driving towards chick-fil-a.

  "i'm not turning around, you look beautiful," i say and she blushes, cursing under her breath. "what was that?"

  she giggles and shakes her head. "nothing. get me some food, servant."

a/n: short chapter... i typed this in school lmao whoops.... sorry for any mistakes k bye
vote and comment!!
-ella

(edited)