Rule #7: Keep Your Word

It has been three weeks since I last saw Dante at the opening ceremony for his school. I was out of the kingdom for a week to attend a campaign for supporting girl's education. Then I was swamped with lessons that I had to catch up on and other duties in the kingdom.

Finally, I got some time off. It was a Friday so that was extremely rare. It was around past three o'clock and I was pondering what to do for the rest of my day when I suddenly remembered something.

I rushed out of my bedroom and almost knocked over a maid.

"Sorry!" I called over my shoulder as I took the steps two at a time. When I arrived outside my father's study. I sucked in a breath to calm myself down and smoothed out my shirt. Then I knocked.

"Come in." I heard the muffled answer.

"Hey dad- Oh. I apologise for interrupting anything important. I can come back later..?" I had just stepped in and opened my mouth to speak but I cut myself short when I noticed my father had guests. It was two men dressed in expensive suits. Probably politicians. They stood up from their seats as I entered.

"Your royal highness." They greeted me with a small bow each. I shook my head. "It's fine. No need to be so formal. I was the one that barged in here anyway."

My father chuckled and asked the two men to sit down and then he faced me with a smile.

"Hello, Julianna, is something the matter?"

"Everything's fine father. I was just wondering if I can have permission to invite a friend over." I explained the reason behind my sudden visit.

The two men watched us quietly as we spoke. My father smiled warmly. "Of course you can, my dear. Your friend can stay for dinner too."

"Thanks father. I'll leave you all alone now." I said with a polite smile directed at the two men. They moved to stand up again but I waved my hand.

"You guys continue your discussion. I'll ask Lila to bring you all some tea." I said before leaving and closed the door behind me quietly. Distinctly, I heard one of the men said. "Your daughter, her royal highness has grown to be quite a beautiful young lady."

I didn't stay long enough to hear my father's reply. Frankly speaking, I wasn't all that interested either. Multiple times politicians and businessmen alike had tried to get my father to nod his head at whatever proposal they've got by showering his kids in compliments or gifting us expensive presents. Nonetheless, their tactics always failed.

I asked Lila to send up some tea to my father's study before I returned to my room to make a call. Dante picked up on the third ring.

"Hello, Jules."

"Hello, Dante. I was wondering, are you free right now? You're not in school right?"

"I am free. School ended a little over an hour ago. Why?"

"Perfect. Text me your address. I'll ask Louis to pick you up." I said happily.

"Pick me up?" He sounded extremely confused. I chuckled. "I promised to invite you over didn't I? I clearly remember telling you that a princess always keeps her word."

"Ohh, I remember now. You're serious?"

"Of course I am! Now text me your address and get ready. My father also asked for you to stay for dinner." I said.

"Will your mother be there?"

"It will be a miracle if she isn't. Still willing to come over?"