Rule #9: Know Which Spoon To Use

Dante and I exited the library and went back to the kitchen to grab our caramel 'apples'.

"Where are you going to find anyone to eat these?" Dante enquired. I smirked. "Being a princess has some perks." He stared at my expression before saying.

"I already pity the poor guy or girl that will be part of this prank." I shrugged in response. We started to walk to the staff quarters where most of the staff are at the time for a short meeting.

"Knock knock, we are not sorry for interrupting." I said with a smile as I poked my head into the meeting room. Henry was there along with a dozen others. The kind old butler shook his head at my intrusion.

"Your royal highness, Mr Williams." He greeted us. The rest of the staff followed suit.

"I brought snacks. Caramel apples I made myself along with Dante's assistance." I said holding out the tray. I picked the only real apple and handed it to Henry.

"Thank you, Princess." He said. I merely smiled at him. Up next was one of the staff that I disliked more. He was a perv and I heard Lila complaining about him always harassing the maids or making inappropriate comments. I handed him a caramel onion.

"Try it and tell me how it tastes." I said with an innocent smile. Dante stood beside me. He appeared calm but the occasional glances he gave me betrayed his true feelings. He was just as anticipated as I was.

Henry bit into his apple first. "This is very good, your royal highness."

"Glad you like it. How about you?" I asked the perv. He took a big bite of his onion and almost choked. His expression morphed into one of horror but he tried to mask it quickly.

"It, umm, it tastes, exquisite, your royal highness." He forced out with a strained smile.

"Really? Then you better finish it. It's not everyday I make snacks for you all." I said with a harmless smile. He gulped as I stared at him. He brought the onion to his lips and took another bite.

"Mmm, yum." He said. I was starting to smell his onion breath. I wrinkled my nose discreetly and set the tray down on a table at a side.

"Well, since you like my caramel apples so much, you can have them all. Lila, make sure he finishes them. It's a sin to waste food after all." I said. Lila stared at me and caught my small wink. She immediately realised the caramel apples weren't actually apples. She flashed me a big smile.

"Of course, your royal highness. I will see to it that he does."

"Perfect. Enjoy the 'apples'. " I waved at them before leaving the room with Dante in toll. I glanced at Henry before I left the room. He shook his head at me with a wry smile. There was only one caramel apple on the tray. The rest were all caramel onions. He seemed to have caught on to my prank but made no move to expose me.

After we were out of earshot, Dante and I exchanged looks then proceeded to burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"You did not just made him eat five onions glazed in caramel!" He exclaimed.

"I'm pretty sure I just did." I giggled.

"His breath is gonna be so bad for days." He chuckled. I giggled again. "You are unbelievable, Princess Julianna." I shrugged. "I'm indeed one of a kind." He shook his head but a smile was on his face.

"Gosh, I want to see my mother's face when she sits on her chair. Pity I can't or she'll kill me before I make it out of the room." I sighed.

"When will she be back?"