Eight

Her eyes fluttered open. She found herself chained against a wall. Anna faintly remembered what had happened. He tricked me... She knew why he had done though, but it still made her heart clinch. When he touched her, she didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. Tears filled her eyes, she was stressed and confused. The door opened, making her blink her tears away. It was Derek. She looked away from him, frustrated. "Aurora.." She quickly interrupted him "It's okay, I know why you did it.." he gave a sigh "You protected me. But I don't know if I can trust you. That..thing was something you created. " Her body flinched instinctively. "I wouldn't ever hurt you, I would never hurt anyone..on purpose" He stood, walking towards her. Her wrists and ankles were immobile, making her nervous. "You need to learn control.." Her ears began to ring "How am I supposed to learn control if I'm chained up?!" He looked up at her. "Don't worry about it." She curled her fingers, hands balling into a fist as her nails dug into her skin. He just looked at her, seeming to study her every move. "Let me out, please Derek.." Aurora pleaded, trying to control her emotions. "I didn't mean for whatever that was, to happen" Derek just shook his head, silent. "What am I supposed to do? Stay on the wall forever?" She asked, looking at him. "No, I'm gonna lay you down in the guest bedroom...with the chains" Her heart stuttered, in fear. She just put her head down, sighing as she began to sob. Anna's ears pricked up as she heard him step closer to her. Her stomach began to flutter and by instinct she slouched more. Derek's chest heaved as he breathed heavily through his nose. She tilted her head up a bit, looking up at him, tears stopping in shock. He towered over her, making her feel vulnerable but she puffed out of her chest, stretching up right, head high. They were looking into each others eyes. He reached out and touched a piece of her fiery hair before he let go, pressing his palm against the wall near her head. Anna yanked on the chains gently, pupils dilating. He looked up at one of her pinned wrists. Derek touched the chain but quickly pulled himself away. He looked down then turned, walking out of the door. She cried out in aggravation, yanking the chains again.

The half moon shines in the sky, it was now dark. Anna was asleep when a small creak of the door being slowly opened flooded her ears. She slowly raised her head, seeing Derek. He could tell she was exhausted from the other night. He unlocked the chains. "You still have to wear them, I'm just taking you to bed.." She just groaned softly, rolling her eyes. He picked her, throwing her over his shoulder, making her squeak. He took her in the guest room, dropping her on the bed. Her eyes were wide now. He just took the chains from around his other shoulder, grabbing her wrist. Her body tingled making her arch slightly. His eyes immediately flicked to hers. She just looked at him as he avoided eye contact, wrapping the chains around her other wrist. That's when he went down the foot of the bed, beginning to wrap the chain around her ankle, his hand brushing against soft skin. Her leg twitched and she started breathing heavily, her eyes tightly shut. All the sudden she yanked hard on the
Chains, eyes flying open, flickering on and off to their alpha form. He looked back, eyes turning ice blue. Derek ran his hand up her ankle up to her knee. She gasped, yanking harder, hands gripping her restraints. He didn't move his hand any further up, they just held eye contact. He stood, looking down at her looking hesitant "I found your cats, they're here and safe.." Anna nodded.
"Goodnight Aurora.." he turned waking away. "Night Der.." he shut the door behind him. She turned her head then realized one of her legs were free. Her eyes all the sudden stayed in their alpha form, the black deepening. She scanned the room, listening for every sound. Anna tore the chains off her wrists, growling softly. Her wrists were red and raw but healed in a matter of seconds. She sat up, freeing her leg too. Anna stalked towards the window, hips swaying. The soft click of the lock springing free could be heard.

Her eyes flickered like water as her feet hit the floor. Footprints sunk into the moist dirt, leaving a trail behind her. She pounced, grabbing onto a tree branch and pulling herself up. She balanced perfectly as she walked on the branch, making her way to the other tree, wood bending. Her body relaxed as she inhaled the cool night air, skin tingling. She was on another tree now, laying down on her stomach watching the flickering lake. The lake looked almost exactly like the one near her old house. Tears filled her eyes, as she stood up. She stumbled, almost falling. She stepped on the trees that were connected by their branches. Her knees felt weak, her heart feeling like it was going to cave in. She tried to blink the tears away as she began running, hopping tree to tree. Her hands were red from grabbing onto the limbs war swinging off of them. The rain began to pour down on her, her clothes sticking to her like glue. Tears fell but you couldn't see them. The moon shined brightly down on her, watching her run. Anna pounced, plummeting to the ground. She quickly twisted her body causing her to land in a crouched position. She looked back and all she saw were trees, it seemed she had ran for miles. She tried to stand, but dropped to her knees, letting out a loud roar as tears fell from her red eyes.

Derek abruptly sat up, ears twitching. The book on his chest had fallen to the floor. He wasted little to no time rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Running up the stairs to where she was. He swung open the door, she was no where to be found. He looked at the broken chains and the open window.

The mud make her feet sink into the dirt slightly as she slowly walked, her hips swaying. The rain cooled off her skin, making her feel much better. She stumbled, knees weak and muddy. Her eyes were puffy, nose red. She lifted her head up to the sky, eyes closed. Aurora whipped her head around as she heard a howl in the distance, making her sprint. She turned left, breaking the path she had followed. She could hear the footsteps getting closer making her sprint even faster, hair flying backwards. She jumped off a rock, air born. Before she could hit the ground a man grabbed her, arms around her waist. They hit the floor, making her groan. She began to try and get loose, growling loudly. "Aurora!" She froze, recognising the voice. Her animal state faltered. "Derek.." he picked her up, angrily throwing her over his shoulder. She growled, smacking his back. "You can't keep me trapped forever Derek!" He scoffed "I can, and will if you keep acting this way."