Twenty

I saw your sister kissing another girl at the park!
The bully told Anna, his friends smirking. She hated his squeaky little voice.
It's none of your business what my sister does. Anna replied, putting on a strong face, even though her heart pounded against her chest.
Yeah well I'm just telling you, because your sister is gonna go to HELL! He screamed.
NO SHES NOT!!! Anna screamed back, shoving him against the locker. His two other friends grabbed her arms, pulling her back and holding her standing. She was stuck, she couldn't get away.
He began punching her. He kept hitting her and hitting her. She went slack, he two friends holding her up. She wouldn't cry in front of them. He hit her in the stomach and over and over. Finally she screamed out, eyes turning orange and yellow, fangs sliding out. He froze, jumping back. She ripped one of her arms free, choking him. She stared into his eyes as his neck bled from her claws. She knew she couldn't kill him. His friends began to run, so she reluctantly dropped him. He scrambled to get up and ran.

When she got home she tilted her head up and screamed. Anna hated what she was. She hated that boy and his friends. She knocked the things off her desk, ripping her sheets off her bed. She threw the glass cup with her pens in it against the wall. The cup shattered. She took her claws, slashing the wall with them, creating gashes. She panted angrily, her uncle walking in. Anna turned to him. I hurt someone today. I don't wanna be this way anymore.

She opened her eyes, Her claws out. She wasn't human. She uncurled herself, stretching then jumping off the bed. Her door was cracked to she pushed it open with her head, her cats watching her silently. She sat in front of Derek's door, scratching on it. She heard him sigh, foot steps hitting the floor lightly. He opened the door, seeming surprised to see her. He must've thought she was one of the cats. He stepped out of the way nervously, opening the door. She walked in, jumping onto his bed. He slowly and cautiously laid down next her. She looked up at him, then rubbed her head against his side. He relaxed smiling softly. Her eyes seemed to smile in return. She wiggled around a little until her head was below his armpit, then went to sleep. He gently pet her on the head then fell asleep as well.

The morning came, she woke up. She stretched and realized she was naked, human, and still in Derek's bed. He was still sound asleep, so she slipped out his bed, making him shift around. She quickly ran out the room, back into hers. She looked at the time and it read 7:30am. She looked at the date. Her birthday was tomorrow. She was turning eighteen.

Derek woke up, eyes still closed he reached out trying to find Anna. Panic arised when she wasn't there. He quickly stood, speed walking to her room. He quietly opened the door, and to his relief she was laying on the bed. She opened her eyes to look at him.
"Sorry..I was checking if you were still here." He said nervously.
"I'm not going anywhere Derek.
I promise." He nodded, shutting the door. She called Ronny.
On the second ring she picked up.
"Hiiiii" Ronny said happily.
"My birthday is tomorrow." Anna said annoyed. "I know. I wanna come see you. Are you gonna tell Derek?"  She replied. "All I know is Im turning eighteen and my mom wont be here."
"I know, I'm sorry. I'm sure she's looking over you." Anna smiled softly. "I love you Ronny, I'll talk to you tomorrow."
"Love you too, be safe, bye."
As soon as the phone hung up, Anna began to cry softly, it quickly turned into a sob. She thought about her mom, her dad, amd her sister. Derek's heart clinched as he laid in bed.
I gotta do something for her birthday.

Anna had barely came out of her room. It was 8:30pm, so Derek knocked on her door. "Yes?" She said in a soft voice. He slowly opened the door. Her eyes were puffy and her nose was red. He frowned, walking in. She scooted over for him. He laid in the bed next to her. He pulled her to his chest, head resting ontop of hers.
Her eyes closed. He could feel her sadness. It was radiating through her body. Tears welled up in his eyes. Anna could smell the salt water. She instantly sat up, pulling the pain away with her.
"I'm.. I'm sorry. It happens sometimes.." She sniffled.
"Its okay. It doesn't bother me." Derek replied. Anna smiled softly. He reached and gently gripped her hand. Butterflies banged against her rib cage. She was more in love than she thought. Dereks stomach flipped, heart speeding up. All the sudden he felt her energy run up his arm. He could feel her love was returned. They didn't say anything, she just laid back down next to him, fingers interlocked.