Seventeen

Anna came to, eyes still closed. Her heart hammered against her chest. Was it all a dream? She then felt a cold rag gently passing against her dirty skin, her heart instantly slowing. She knew then it wasn't a dream, she was home. She knew she would never run away again. She still felt quiet weak, but better nevertheless. "Good morning.." Derek said softly. Her eyes fluttered open, green and lavender eyes shining. She was wrapped in a blanket, Now highly aware she was still naked as she blushed. "Thank you.." Anna said softly, making him nod. "C'mon, I'll help you up. You should take a shower." Anna nodded, lump in her throat. She felt so guilty, for running. For making him deal with all of this. The blanket stayed wrapped around her body, under her arms. He picked her up, walking up the stairs into his bathroom. He gently set her down on her feet. She turned the hot water on, dropping the blanket. He quickly turned and went to walk away, but felt soft arms wrap around him. She was bare skinned now. Not thinking about herself being naked, she hugged him. Tears streaming down her face. "Im sorry Derek.." She whispered softly. He sighed softly, heart stuttering. He lifted his hand, gently holding her arms that wrapped around him. "Its my fault. I chased you away." He replied. "I should've handled it better. I'm sorry." Anna said, tears now falling heavily from her eyes as she rested her head against his back. He slowly turned towards her. He held eye contact with her. He touched her cheek, wiping her tears. Will you..I don't wanna be alone.." He nodded. She turned weakly stepping into the shower as he got undressed. She dared not to look, heart racing. Her ears pricked up as he quietly stepped in behind her. He was nervous for her to be alone in the shower, she might faint. She blushed, and turned towards him. He pulled her into a hug as she began to cry again. Thinking about everything that happened to her. He just held her against his chest as she sobbed.

He gently washed her back, then turned her to help her wash her stomach. She felt weak, almost fainting a few times.
Her heart began to beat fast again, tears no longer coming. His pupils dilated, but he quickly brought his eyes up to hers. She began to wash his chest and abs with the loofa, pupils dilating as well. Her bruises started healing. She inhaled deeply. Rinsing each other off, they got out of the shower. He wrapped her in a towel, kissing her forehead.
He wrapped a towel around his waist.
"Let's get you something to wear, and then we'll eat" Derek said softly. He handed her some shorts, a bra and a long sleeved shirt she left when she ran. "Ronny's coming by tomorrow with all your stuff. She still has your phone in her purse and she's bringing your cats." Anna smiled softly, happily walking into her room. She still felt tired, not fully healed yet.
She dried off, picking up the shirt. A necklace slipped out from under the shirt. It was her sisters.
If something ever happens to me..you can keep it. Dad gave it to me.
Anna smiled at the bittersweet memory. She quickly got dressed.
Her vision blurred as the man known as John walked towards her, chains in his hands. She dropped to the floor, begining to crawl backwards. He disappeared then appeared right in from of her, grabbing her hair and wrapping the chains around her neck. She let out a loud roar, tears streaming down her face.
Derek ran up the stairs, the man and the chains long gone. Anna grasped her throat sobbing. He sat in front of her, pulling her into a hug. He noticed the bruised skin around her throat as she pulled her hands away as she rested her palms on his chest. He could smell her fear as she cried. He slowly helped her stand,walking to her bed. He laid with her, watching quietly as she stook one last look at him and fell asleep.
She hung her arm loosely around him and he soon fell asleep too.

She was running, as fast as she could. Anna didn't know if she was running from something or to something..maybe nothing at all. The small sticky cleavers stuck themselves to her fur as she ran through the forest, jumping over roots and flowers.
Being wild was her happy place. Always had been.

Anna woke up, eyes towards the wall. She must've changed positions. Turning to him, derek was still sleeping. It was late at night, she realized as the moon poured in. The time read 4:30am. She crawled out of the bed. We slept all night?.. She thought as she sat in front of the window, waiting for the sun to rise.
Derek stretched. It was 6:30am. He realized she wasn't next to him, he instantly turned towards the window. There he saw a tiger cleaning herself. He froze, wondering if she would remember him right away. Instead he watched her clean behind her ears. She then turned her head towards him, staring at him. Her eyes squinted in happiness. The tiger walked up to him, rubbing it's head against his leg. The tiger jumped on the bed, curling into a ball. He pet the wild cat, remembering when his mom used to take him to the zoo to see the animals. He smiled at the bitter sweet memory.  A few minutes went by. He watched as the fur melted away, and left a sleeping girl. For her it seemed almost painless to transform back and forth now. It was like it was second nature. Derek was born a werewolf, but had to evolve.
But she didn't..What could she actually do? Was she stronger then he thought? He then covered her with a blanket, waiting for Ronny to arrive.

Anna opened her eyes, stretching. She gasped as she was naked again. She quickly put her clothes on. She heard a knock on the door. The familiar smell of lavender filled her nose. Running down the hall, Derek watched as she swung herself over the stair railing. She quickly opened the door, a big smile on her face. "Holy shit Anna! You're okay!" Ronny exclaimed smiling brightly. Anna looked down, all her wounds were healed. Ronny wrapped her arms around her, Anna did the same. Her fingers tingled against Ronny's skin. Ronny felt a calm energy go through her, then it bursted with happiness. They pulled away, Ronny looked at Derek. "Thank you for saving her." Derek nodded. Ronny looked sad as she handed her all her bags. Anna was sad too. She grabbed Ronny's hand. "You can come anytime. Or I'll come to you." Ronny nodded smiling, tears in her eyes. "You got some baby's that wanna see youuu" she said, walking to her car and pulling out to kennels, and putting them inside the house. Anna shut the door behind her, smiling. She quickly let the cats out, all of them running to her. Anna pet them, smiling. "I'll leave you too alone. I have to go the store.." Derek said. Anna nodded as they made eye contact. He took one last look at her before he shut the door.