Eighteen

Songs: Let me down slowly, Alec Benjamin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Derek walked to car he stopped to think. Maybe we are better off as just friends..She seems happier now. I don't want to get in the way. I need to keep her safe. Safe from me and my curse of everyone that I love getting hurt. Derek sighed, got into the car and headed to the store.

"Your powers are coming back?" Ronny asked. "Yes. Slowly, which means...I can't have human contact again." Ronny flinched "Why?" Anna sighed "I don't want people feeling whatever I'm feeling. I don't want people falling in love with me just because I touched them. I'm better off going back to taking my serum." "What?! No, are you crazy? When you turn, you feel alive. It makes you happy." Anna shrugged. "I'd take not being happy, over hurting people any fucking day."

Derek has been gone for hours. Ronny left thirty minutes ago, so now she was alone. A empty feeling buried itself into her chest. She walked up the stairs, sitting on her bed.

Derek started to drive home. He thought about everything, and he made his decision. He pulled into the yard, carrying the few groceries he got inside.

Anna's ears pricked up at his arrival. She quickly walked down the stairs, helping him out things away. "Anna, we need to talk." Derek started. She slowed, then looked at him. "The shower, was just a shower. I didn't want you to be scared. I don't want to lead you on, that is what is seems like. We are better off as friends." Anna's heart broke but she just smiled softly "I never wanted anything more than friends." His eyebrows furrowed. "I'm gonna take a shower." She said, waving goodbye as she walked up the stairs.

I was stupid to ever think someone would love me like I love them. Especially him. She sat in the bathtub, the water showering over her. Her head rested on her knees as tears streamed down her face. She eventually stood on shaky legs, washing her body.

She quietly got dressed, and went into her room. Derek watched as she turned and shut the door, avoiding eye contact with him. She laid down and went to sleep, the empty feeling returning to its rightful place.

Strapped to a brick wall Anna sobbed. "I can't be here again!" She shouted, yanking at her chains. Masked men walked up to her, guns sticks and knives in hand. One of them ripped the necklace off her neck, crushing it with their foot. "No! That's all I have left of her.." They just laughed and began beating her, her cries grew into screams. "Stop! Please stop!" They sliced her leg, and the last man pointed a gun right bellow her chest. "NO!PLEASE STOP!"
"Wake up! Anna! Wake up!" She felt someone shaking her. Her eyes flew open, meeting Derek's. "You were having a nightmare." He said softly. She sat up panting. She began crying heavily. He quickly wrapped his arms around her, closing his eyes. Her hands tingled, and the sympathy Derek was feeling slowly turned into great sadness and fear. He opened his eyes. She quickly pulled back. "I'm..I'm sorry." Derek's eyebrows furrowed. "For what?" She sighed. "For this." Anna grabbed his wrist. For a second, there was nothing, then there was sadness, fear. He slowly looked up at her, shocked. He began to feel something else..love. She yanked her hand away quickly. And the feeling was gone just has fast as it appeared. She blushed, embarrassed. His heart hammered. She loves me? He quickly stood. "Get some sleep Anna." He almost flinched at how cold it sounded as he shut the door behind him. She let out a shaky sigh. She shouldn't of let him see, feel what she could do. Her ears pricked up as she heard a twig break. She stood quickly, opening her window to a crack. She watched as yards away, five men made their way to Derek's house, guns in hand. She shook her head, pinching herself. But it was real, all too real. No..not Derek... She ran to Derek's door, banging on it. "Men are coming towards the house!" She yelled. "You're hallucinating Anna." He replied as he stared at himself in the mirror. "No! Not this time, please." He quickly turned and opened the door, walking down the stairs. She jumped over the railing, body stretching, muscles twisting, bones snapping. When she landed, she was a tiger. He looked at her, amazed she could turn so fast. They walked outside, the men standing a few feet away, guns in hand.

"Wow, look at you." One of them said, looking at the crouching tiger. "I see your very protective over him..what a shame." They began firing, and Anna ran towards them. "No!" Derek yelled. She was shot multiple times, but she just kept running. They felt like hail on her skin. She pounced, her weight crushing them to the floor. She wrapped her jaws around his throat, cracking it, blood pouring into her mouth. A man pressed a gun to her side, making her look up at him. She growled biting the hand with the gun in it. The bullet zoomed through the gun into her rib cage. She slung him around by his wrist, cracking his arm. She heard Derek fighting as she slammed her weight on his head, paws pressing against the mans face over and over. She turned away from the man. Derek had a foot on his chest. The man above him pointing a gun at his face. Everything began to slow down as she ran towards the man. She pounced on him, biting the side of his neck. Blood dripped down down her face, pupils dilating. Derek's heart pounded, from adrenaline, and...fear. She dropped the lifeless body on to the floor, making eye contact with Derek. She stalked towards Derek, eyes shining. He panted, standing slowly. Anna was menacingly beautiful, head hanging low, blood falling from her fur.
She then turned, running away. Panicked he ran after her.
Splash! The water shook as she jumped into the stream. Derek relaxed went he saw her dip down into the water.
Her tail flicked above the water. He smiled nervously when she came up, she was clean. Shaking her fur, she jogged towards him. His heart stuttered, he didn't know if he should've been scared or great full..
or both.  She rubbed against him, her side to his ribs. He let out a relaxed breath. She saved me.. A loud crack erupted from her, making her growl and run back into the water. When she swam back up, she was human.
Anna's now straight and wet hair covered one eye. She wrapped her arms around her breasts.
"Can you get me a towel?"