Twenty one

The next day Anna woke up, Derek wasn't by her. She stretched, quickly brushed her teeth then walked downstairs. She saw a few balloons, a cake, and Ronny sitting at the table. There were four bags of gifts on the table. Derek was making dinner. "Anna!" Ronny shouted, standing up. Derek jumped and turned around. Ronny ran up to Anna, hugging her tightly. "W,when did you get here?" She asked softly. "Two hours ago. Derek let me in." The parted and Anna sat at the table. "Derek..you didn't have to- "I know." Derek said.

The dinner was done, he had made steak, with green and yellow peppers, garlic and pepper. It was the best food Anna had had in a while. She took a bite, eyes fluttering. She opened her eyes, pupils dilated. "Anna? You okay?" Ronny asked. Derek chuckled softly. "I'm guessing it's good." Anna blushed and nodded. Ronny gave a sigh of relief and they ate silently.

"Present time?" Ronny asked with a smile. Derek nodded. "You guys didn't have to get me anything."
"We know." Ronny said. She opened her gifts. One was a charm bracelet, with a tiger on it, which came with a amethyst choker. "I hope you like them. It took me a while to find something I thought you would like." Ronny said softly. Anna gave a big smile. "Thank you."
The next present was a gold neckless that said Anna on it. Her heart pounded. "I was gonna get you a bracelet or something, but I found this and thought of you." Derek smiled watching her cheeks turn red. "Th,thanks..its so pretty." Anna stuttered. The next gift was a small bag. She opened it and found some earings. One was the sun, the other was the moon, but they went to together. Anna smiled brightly. "You always the heat but couldn't wait till the sun went down." Ronny said smiling. Anna put the earings on immediately. She opened another bag and found some cute flower earings. "Wow they're so cute." Anna said. "You're always outside, and you seem to like flowers." Derek said. The last gift was in a pretty red box. "We both got you this one." Anna pulled out a locket. She slowly opened it. On one side was a picture of her mom, her dad, her and her sister. The other side was a picture of Autumn, her and her mom together. Anna smiled through tears. "Oh my God..I, I haven't seen these photos in forever." She wiped her eyes. "Thank you guys so much." She hugged Ronny, then hugged Derek. "D,Derek can you put it on for me?" Derek nodded. Anna turned her back to him. He pulled it around her neck, clasping it shut. Ronny smiled.

They played music, ate cake and all of them just talked till the sun went down and Ronny had to leave. Derek said his goodbyes to her. Anna and Ronny walked out to say a private goodbye. Derek tried not to eavesdrop.

"I'm really happy I got to see you today." Anna said. "Me too." They looked at each other for a moment. "Derek loves you. I can tell by the way he looks at you..he'll take care of you." Anna blushed and laughed. "Your delusional." Ronny rolled her eyes. "Sure Anna sure...I love you, I gotta go" Anna nodded, tears filling her eyes. "I love you too Ronny." Ronny laughed softly, a tear streaming down her face "You're making me cry" They each hugged each other tightly. A minute passed. They finally separated. "Bye.." Anna said softly. Ronny nodded. "Bye" Ronny replied waving, getting into her car and driving off. Anna was met with a soft sadness. She knew she wouldn't see her for a long time.

Walking back inside she saw Derek finishing doing dishes. She smiled softly. He began drying his hands. She took a deep breath, walking towards him. He turn his head sideways to look at her. Her heart pounded, but her steps didn't faulter. She stopped when she was close to him. Anna lightly touched his shoulder, causing him to turn around. "What's wrong?" He asked, with a confused look on his face. "Derek..I.." She stepped a little closer. Her heart was pounding so hard she couldn't speak. "Anna.." he said as her pretty eyes turned that deep shade of red he had grown familiar with.
She gently grabbed the back of his neck, pulling his face towards hers. Their nose brushed. Stripes appeared on her face as she pressed her lips against his. His heart pounded hard, overwhelmed by his emotions. Her face flushed as she slowly pulled back. She slowly opened her now normal eyes to look at him. He looked back her. Silence. She began to think it was a mistake. Derek's eyes fluttered and he leaned in, kissing her. Her heart stuttered out of happiness and surprise. They started kissing passionately.
Her emotions began to pour into him, making him pull back in shock. She gasped lightly, cheeks flushing. "I..I'm sorry." She said softly. He realized she was in love with him. He felt it. He rested his hand on her cheek. They began to kiss again, needily. He realized he was in love with her too. He gripped her waist, pulling her closer. Tan stripes appeared on her skin as he pulled back and started kissing her neck. She tilted her head back, gripping the back of his shirt. He gently nibbled, eyes turning blue. He pulled back to look at her. Her eyes fluttered open. He then gently picked her up, her legs wrapped around his waist. He carried her up the stairs. He stumbled, holding her with one arm, opening the door with the other.