ten

She could hear her heart in her ears as she dashed through the forest, dodging the trees. Anna could her fast coming footsteps getting closer to her. She felt arms wrap around her, making her laugh. They hit the floor with a soft thud. She looked up at the man, shadows casting over his face, but his candy green eyes stayed in the light.

Her eyes fluttered open, a yawn escaping her throat. She sat up slowly as she rubbed her eyes. Anna gasped, jumping, causing her to bump her head into the wall. Derek was sitting in the chair next to the bed. "Goddammit Derek! Why are you in here?" He forced his face to stay blank even though he wanted to laugh. "Your heart was beating fast, so I came in to check on you" She nodded, rubbing her head softly. "I made food." He said softly. She lifted her head up, sniffing the air. The smell of sausages, Bacon, eggs and pancakes lingered in the air. She softly smiled "Derek, you didn't have to- "I know." She blushed lightly. She got off her bed, feet tapping against the hard wood floors. He followed behind her slowly, as she stepped down the stairs. She jogged to the kitchen making herself a plate. She walked to the table. He soon followed behind her, sitting across from her. She broke the silence "This is so good" he smiled "Thank you" after a few minutes she stood, taking her dishes to the sink. She stood eating a piece of bacon. Turning, she blushed as she almost ran into him. "Sorry Derek!" He reached his arm past her, dropping his plate into the sink. "Its fine." He then looked into her eyes as her back leaned heavily against the the counter. His eyes trailed from her wide orbs, to her plump lips. Her heart began to pound. "Your hearts beating fast.." He said softly, making her dip her head down low, face flushing pink. Derek then rested one of his hands on the side of her face, palm pressed lightly against her cheek. She lifted her head up, pupils dilated. Her eyes faded into a deeper shade. He leaned in slowly. "Derek.." His eyes were glowing blue. He shook his head, slowly backing up. "I'm sorry" he turned around walking away. "Wait! No, what the fuck was that?" Derek stopped, "I don't know." "What do you mean you don't know?" He sighed, heavily "I said I don't know!" Anna jumped. "...Fine." She then quickly walked up the stairs.

8:30pm..
She had packed all her stuff. She was done with the training, the secrets. One day he acted like they were friends, or maybe a little more, another he acted like she was just a traine.
She had called her bestfriend Ronny crying about how she was stressed out and that she wanted to go home but she couldn't. Why not? She had asked. I don't feel like getting into it right now.. Ronny sighed Well..I just got done visiting my grandparents in Oregon..i live by myself now so i could maybe..get a plane ticket to come to you, you can stay with me.
That was at 8:30pm. She had her cats in the carriers as she pet them through the bars. A hum of a cars engine could be heard as an old convertible pulled up in front of the house. She threw her giant bag over her shoulder and held the two carriers in her hands. She snuck down the stairs, gasping softly as Derek was passed out on the couch. She set one of the carriers down opening the door.

Walking down the stairs to the car her heart pounded, tears filling her eyes, she hadn't seen her in so long. She dropped her stuff then ran up to Ronny, making her laugh. "Hey man" "Hey.." Anna said softly. She pulled back a big smile on her face. "Lets go" Anna put her stuff in the back. Ronny got out and pulled the top up, then got back in. Anna laughed "Hey, this car is old man" Ronny then hit the gas, making the car take off. The breeze went through their hair through the open windows. Ronny had her phone plugged into the radio her dad had completely redone for her, now with charger outlets and an aux cord. Migos was blasting as they caught up with each other. They were looking for hotels, without a "No pets" sign. "You know I saw your ex Connor at the mall with a guy" Ronny said laughing. "Well that explains why he wouldn't kiss me" Anna replied bursting out laughing. "So...Whose this Derek Hill person?" Anna rolled her eyes "Hale, and nothing he was just training me." "Mmm, yeah I don't believe that for a fucking second." Ronny stopped at the red light. "No seriously, it was nothing. He wasn't into me, he just trained me..took me in" Ronny spun her head to look at her "Took you in?" Anna nodded, "He saved me.." Ronny gasped "Saved you? What do you mean?!" She sighed, "A hunter was after me, he came to my aid when I was about to die." "DIE?!" Ronny exclaimed, voice getting high pitched. BEEP!BEEP! A car honked their horn at her. "Oh shit." Ronny laughed, speeding off. "What's the big deal about it anyways?" Ronny gave her a stupid face. "The big deal is that he took you in when you were DYING..how did he know you where you were anyways?" Anna shrugged "It was probably his territory." "Oh! There's one!" Ronny abruptly pointed at an old hotel. "Fucking finally" Anna sighed as they pulled in. Ronny made a sharp turn. Skrttt! "Jesus Ronny!" They got out. Ronny jogged into the office, checking in. "67 dollars?!" She heard Ronny exclaim, making her giggle. She walked out with a room key. "This place is expensive" "Well yeah, its California." Ronny grabbed her bag while Anna held the carriers with her cats in them. She had one big white flame point Siamese, one Calico, one orange fluffy cat. They walked up the stairs to their room 37b. She unlocked the door walking in. There were two beds, a balcony a tv, a small kitchen, a big bathroom. She opened the crates, the cats running out to Ronny. Anna flopped on one of the beds. "Tell me more about this..Derek Hale" She shimmied, laughing. Anna gave a soft sigh "I don't really know much about him..except he's like 26" "26?! ANNA!" She bursted out laughing "That's not even that.. okay that's kinda old" "Anna! You're like 17!" Ronny exclaimed. "He got really close to me in the kitchen, like.. really close. His eyes were neon blue, but then he like..snapped out of it and pulled back. When I asked him about it he refused to answer so I left." Ronny sighed "Does he know how old you are?" Anna nodded. "Yes.." "Do you think he was trying to kiss you?" "I don't know..there's no way he would want to." Ronny smacked her forehead. "I think he was. Maybe he likes you" Anna bursted out laughing. "You're tripping." It got quiet. "..Do you think he will come looking for you?" She sighed "I sure as hell hope not, I've ran before, He's probably tired of my shit." Ronny sighed "Did he go looking for you then?" "...Yeah, but trust me he won't this time."

Derek woke up yawning. 8:35am
He sighed, getting up and brushing his teeth. He took a twenty minute shower then hopped out, getting dressed. He went up to her door. Taking a deep breath he knocked. No answer. "I'm sorry about yesterday, I don't know what that was. I'm sorry for yelling at you, can we talk?" It was silent. Maybe she isn't up.. He twisted the door knob slowly, quietly opening the door. He was met with an empty bed, in a empty room. She had really left this time. "Shit!" He shouted, slamming the door.

11:32am
Anna woke up to the shower running. She slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes. She picked up her phone. 11 missed calls from Derek. "Ronny!" Anna got up opening the bathroom door. "Yeah, what's up?" Anna sat down on the floor. "Derek called..eleven times." Ronny gasped, peeking out of the shower curtain. "What?!" Anna nodded "See! I told your dumbass he was gonna come looking for you." Anna sighed, resting her head on the wall. "Fuck.." Ronny washed her hair "Your Daddy's coming to get you." "Shut up!" Anna laughed "He won't know where to find me" "But isn't he like..a werewolf?" Anna laughed "Yeah, so? We're far from his house, he won't know where to start." "True." Ronny said.

After they had their shower they hopped in the car, wearing joggers and hoodies. Ronny wore sandals, Anna wore converse. "I'm fucking starving." Ronny said, starting the car. Anna looked at her phone. September 1st
Her birthday was coming up, and her mom wasn't there to celebrate it with her. Speeding out the parking lot, Ronny began blaring Zeze, by Kodak Black. "Where do you wanna go to eat?" Anna thought for a second "McDonald's." She nodded.

They sat in the McDonald's eating. "So..do you like him?" Anna almost choked on her burger. "What? No." Ronny rolled her eyes. "Mhm.." Anna didn't reply. "...Are you sure you don't like him?" "Yes!" Anna shouted.

As they drove home, Ronny broke the silence. "We should go to the club, for your birthday." Anna nodded "That would be fun if i had an ID."

Derek had been driving around for hours. It was now six at night. He pulled over, hitting the steering wheel. "Shit!" He shouted, frustrated with himself. He can't believe he had let her go, even though there was no way for him to stop her, maybe if he would've talked to her she would still be with him. Resting his head in his hands he sighed.

It was ten at night, Anna couldn't sleep. She got up quietly, walking to the front door, putting shoes on and walking down the stairs. The beach was right across the street. She ran across the street down to the boardwalk, sitting on a railing watching the ocean. She sighed, tears falling from her eyes. She missed her mom and..Derek. She flinched at the realization she missed him. She jumped from the balcony, running towards the water, kicking off her slides. She dashed through the water, dropping to her knees. "Mom..I don't know what to do..I..I'm lost without you." She began to cry again.
"I need your help.."

"I'm in love with Derek Hale.."