•gareth bale•

Credits to imagine-footballers
____________

Not living together had caused Gareth and Cristina problems. Cristina despised Madrid, she hated the weather and she hated the people, it was nothing like her beloved England. Because of this Cristina had moved herself and the young daughter her and Gareth shared back to England.

Gareth felt lonely. He came home to an empty house every day when training was done. The only thing he looked forward to was video-chatting Cristina and their daughter Lucy. Gareth was beginning to despise Madrid just as much as Cristina, the fans hated him and his teammates were not the friendliest to him. Somehow he found himself handing in a transfer request, just one week before the transfer window closed. He had no idea of his destination or what club he desired to be a part of but his only request was that they were in England.

Cristina had brought herself and Lucy over to visit her husband and they spent most of their time together in the garden by the pool.

"I have something to tell you.." Gareth spoke to his wife as Lucy splashed around in her baby pool. Cristina turned her head towards her husband expectantly. Gareth took a deep breath before speaking. "I handed in a transfer request." Cristina suddenly sat up straight.

"If this is a joke it's cruel and I don't appreciate it." Cristina's eyes bored in Gareth's as he shook his head.

"I'm not joking. This hasn't turned out the way anyone wanted. I mean, I've had some offers from some English clubs but I want you to help me decide. Madrid always said that if I asked to leave I would be allowed to." Gareth took his wives hands into his and started playing with them. Cristina hugged him tightly.

"I love you Gareth Bale."

Gareth and Cristina sat on their bed with papers scattered around them with Gareth's agent on the phone.

"Definitely not Liverpool. God no." Cristina spoke and Gareth and his agent agreed. They were deciding where Gareth was heading. There were offers from four huge Premier League clubs: Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United.

"I definitely want to win trophies and if that's how we're deciding then Arsenal have to be out. And as I played for Tottenham it would be so un-loyal." Gareth said. That meant Gareth was either heading to Chelsea or Manchester United.

"It's late Gareth. You and Cristina need to sleep. We'll continue deciding in the morning." And with those wise words from the agent, Cristina and Gareth drifted to sleep together for the first time since Cristina had moved.

The married couple sat in a conference room with Lucy giggling on her Mothers lap. They had been called in for a meeting and neither of them knew who it was with but they both knew what it was about: where Gareth would be leaving Madrid for. Gareth had one hand on his wives thigh and the other was tapping on the table with anxiety. They weren't left waiting long as Gareth's agent walked in accompanied by a man he knew the face of. Ryan Giggs, the assistant manager of Manchester United and a fellow Welshman.

"Pleasure to see you again Gareth." Ryan spoke. Gareth stood up to shake the hand of his fellow Welshman. Gareth and Ryan knew each other well and Gareth knew where this was going. Ryan and Gareth's agent sat down opposite the couple and their baby.

"Let's talk United..."

"Introducing Manchester United's new man, number 16, Gareth Bale!" The announcer spoke as Gareth took a deep breath in the tunnel. He was being introduced to the fans after he had completed his move on transfer deadline day. He had asked for number 16 and his wish had been granted. Gareth's feet started moving as he walked out to a packed stadium. He clapped the fans as he walked out to the centre of the field. His body was adorned with the new shirt.

"So Gareth, what drew you to Manchester United?" He was asked. Before speaking Gareth spotted his wife and daughter by the sideline, the biggest smiles Gareth had seen on their faces in a long time.

"Well things obviously didn't work as well as I'd hoped at Madrid and I always knew I'd return to the Premier League someday. Manchester United just seemed like the perfect fit for me."

"And your wife and daughter, what do they think of this?"

"My wife and daughter love it here. They're very happy which makes me very happy. I've already got them their shirts for this season!" Gareth laughed.

"And what do you want to achieve with this club?"

"I want to win trophies, we definitely have the potential and the aspiration to. And I want to be here a very long time."