Kai Havertz

By: trentalexanders

It's what he's been looking forward to for months since the season came to an end. Weeks of relaxation, bright blue skies, pretty girls with sunshine smiles, time with the lads - it's the holiday he wants, one that he needs.

A holiday that's immediately filled with a party on the first night, pulsating music, a gleaming grin over his features, a strong drink passing his lips and the second night's no different, and neither is the third- the only difference is the location, realising he's sat at yet another bar stool, smooth-talking a girl that's wearing a close-to-nothing dress, one that flaunts a smug smile as he reveals his name, the girl immediately nodding her head as she recognises him.

It's laugh after laugh escaping his lips as jokes spill from her own, her confidence building up as her hands rest onto his knees, her feather-like touch a welcoming surprise to him - almost inviting as he realises what he's doing, his mind subconsciously making the decisions for him, the small movements beginning with his wandering eyes, the ones that are so good at studying delicate features, ones that are used to your own delicate features.

Used to your own sparkling eyes, your cute scrunched up nose whenever you laugh, the soft lush lips he was so used to kissing a few months ago but now his lips are hovering over hers, yours and his breakup completely out of his mind as his hands are sliding to her waist, bringing her closer so he can close the gap. His eyes fluttering shut, mouth ajar, him expecting at least a peck until it's her voice that stops him.

"I should get going," she mutters, a smirk on her lips as she watches his eyes flutter open, a breathy chuckle coming from his mouth as he watches the girl he's known for a few hours straighten herself up and slide off the stool next to him.

She opens up her purse, taking a pen out of it before grabbing his hand with one of her own, making sure to lace her fingers between his warm ones as she scribbles the digits to her phone number on his palm. "Call me before you leave though," and with a short wink and genuine smile, she's waltzing off back into a crowd of partygoers.

"She seemed alright," he's hearing his best friend say only moments later as he saunters up next to him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He turns to his best friend and watches him give a small shrug. "Just that, you know, she seems alright,"

He's sighing, looking away from his best friend as he glances down at the phone number doodled on his hand. "Don't turn this holiday into something it isn't. Not yet anyway,"

"Now what's that supposed to mean?" his best friend asks back sarcastically, a smug smile on his face, stuffing his hand into his pocket rummaging around for some notes trying his best to flag down the bartender. "just saying she was pretty, and it'd get your mind off of-"

"She's not on my mind. At all,"

"Yeah? Good then," his best friend says before finally catching the bartender's attention, ordering two drinks that get made swiftly before they're placed in front of the two of them. His best friend's holding up his own drink before sliding the other over to him. "to a happy holiday with the lads," he's shouting over the music as a toast before the two of them clink glasses, another alcoholic beverage passing his lips, the feeling of pure bliss washing over him as he finally has something to enjoy - or so he's telling himself.

He's telling himself that you don't matter anymore, that you're just a girl from the past. Reminiscing all those months ago when you were wearing his shirt, his last name printed on the back, the texts of good luck every time an away day came about. The subtle comment of a love heart under his Instagram posts that usually sent his fans, and sometimes teammates, crazy. And maybe it's a mistake from both of you, to continue to follow each other, to scroll past each other's posts but still know what's going on in the other's life. Well, your own friends think it's a mistake whilst you ensure the two of you are only remaining civil even though your break-up was anything but.