•Jesse Lingard•

By realmadridimagines

You walk into your adjoining bedroom and find Jesse still fast asleep on your bed. Leaning your head into the doorframe, you look over to the bed wearing a dreamy smile on your face. You rarely get to appreciate Jesse sleeping as he's always the first one up, and always on the go. Of course, you're not going to let a moment like this pass, and you think of capturing the moment in a picture but quickly decide against it. No camera in the world, no matter how amazing the quality, will capture this moment perfectly. This is something for your eyes.
It's a picture perfect moment: the light streaming into the bedroom through the windows, his exposed naked back, one arm hugging the pillow upon which his head is resting, and the other arm at his side.
"Babe?" he hear him murmur into the pillow, his voice coated in sleep.
When you don't respond, he calls out to you again, reaching out to your side of the bed only to discover it's empty.
"Babe?"
You watch in amusement as he lifts his head off of the pillow, and turns it over to your side. He scratches the top of his head and pushing himself to sit on his behind, relaxing when he finds you standing in the doorway.
"Surprise," you say softly with a smile. "Good morning sleepyhead. Did you sleep well?"
He lets out a relieved breath, and leans into the headboard, bringing the sheets up to cover his torso. "Can I have a moment to recover from my panic?"
You chuckle to yourself and lift your head from the doorframe. Curious, you ask, "What panic?"
"The panic I just experienced. I thought..." his voice trails, and he shakes his head, dispelling a thought. "Nothing, I guess."
"Oh no, you don't." You walk over to the bed, over to his side, and take a seat on the edge beside him. "Why are you panicking?"
"I thought you were gone," he admits.
Gone? "Where would I have gone? It's not even eight in the morning, love."
He shrugs his shoulder and rubs his eyes sleepily. "I don't know. It was a silly thought, forget about it."
"Where did the thought stem from?"
"A nightmare I just had..."
"A nightmare? What about?"
He laughs lowly and shakes his head. "It was silly, I had a dream you were leaving me because I finished your favorite ice cream."
You join his laughter, relieved it wasn't something more serious. "I left you because of... ice cream?"
He nods his head. "Do you know how panicked I was? I tried to stop you, to convince you to forgive me but you weren't having it... it was such a strange dream."
"You don't say..." But you don't expect anything less from him. "How did the dream end?"
He shakes his head, and admits, "Well I don't know. I woke up I guess and found your side of the bed empty." After a long but comfortable silence, his face splits into a smile. "Pretty weird dream if you ask me. I hope you wouldn't leave me over ice cream."
"That's not a good reason to leave someone."
"You never know, maybe it's that time of the month and you're really PMSing..."
"I don't PMS and well, I'm here, in the flesh" —you take his hand, and place it over your heart— "see? It's all real, the warmth of my skin, my heart is beating so you should head back to sleep."
The plan for this morning was to surprise Jesse with breakfast in bed, nothing intricate, just his favorite breakfast food to start off his weekend but it looks like it won't be happening anymore thanks to his nightmare.
Jesse stretches and yawns loudly without covering his mouth. "No more sleep, I prefer spending time with my beautiful girlfriend." Scooting to your side of the bed, he pats down to his newly vacant space, and says, "Before it gets cold."
You take him up on his offer. You rest your head on his pillow, with Jesse spooning behind you. He pulls the covers over you both, and asks, "Are you warm?"
"Yes, I am."
He kisses the back of your head and places his arm over your waist. You feel instantly warm beside him, and at... home in his arms. "I like this," he admits absentmindedly.
"Like what?"
"This. Us. Spending the morning cuddling with you... It's nice, and it's something we don't do enough because we are always busy."
He isn't lying. You're both very busy, always on the go, that you sometimes forget to take a few moments, just the two of you, and touch base.
Jesse continues, "But it doesn't bother me, you know? Because I always tell myself I'm doing it for the future. Our future together."
The future, you're all smiles at the mention of that. In the course of your year-long relationship with Jesse, you've definitely thought of a future with him. You know he intends on spending the rest of his life with you, you've reached that conclusion from hearing his talks, the little hints he drops...
"Our... future?"
Jesse's answer is a simple, "Yes."
You bite down on your lower lip, suppressing a smile. "What about our future?"
"Do you not ever think about it?"
You think about it all the time of course, but you won't tell him that. Not now. "Sometimes I do. Do you think about it?"
"All the time."
Your heart leaps at his answer. He sounds so... sure. "You do?"
He laughs. "Well don't sound so surprised. Yes, I think about the future all the time."
"Like?"
"Everything. I think about marrying you... building a home and life with you... our children."
Your heart is beating so hard against your chest, you have to inhale deeply to calm yourself. It takes you a moment to process his words. Building a home and life with you, his words replay in your mind. Your mind wanders to your wedding day, you've never really planned out the details, only that Jesse will be standing at the end of the aisle. You think about your home, and how it'll be a representation of you both. You think of your children... the idea of creating a life with Jesse... Oh, your heart can't take it all!
"Babe, are you still with me?"
Your cheeks heat up. "Uh-huh."
"What's on your mind?"
"Just picturing everything you've just said."
"And how does it look in your head?"
"Perfect, I can't wait for it."
Pleased, Jesse chortles and says, "I can't wait either. All our family and closest friends will be there. Marcus will be the best man..."
"Do you think he'll agree to it?"
Jesse presses a kiss to your shoulder. "He has to."
"Do you know where you want the wedding to take place?"
"Anywhere you want, babe. Any place is perfect, as long you're my wife by the end of the night." You can hear the smile in his voice. "I know you'll look beautiful in your dress, and I'll be standing at the end of the aisle trying my best not to cry."
"If you cry, you'll make me cry and I don't want to ruin my makeup."
"Don't they make that waterproof stuff for your eyes? You'll have to use that, babe because I'm not making any promises to you." That makes you both laugh. "We'll go on our honeymoon... Someplace romantic..."
You picture the perfect destination in your head, you think of the romantic dinner dates beneath the night stars... how you'll wake up every morning to your new husband. No obligations, just you and him... away from the world. The start of your forever...
"We'll get a lot of baby making practice on the honeymoon," Jesse says cheekily into your ear, before kissing it. "A lot of it."
Babies, with Jesse. Yes to that notion. "Boy or girl?"
"As long as we have a healthy baby." After a brief pause, he continues to say, "Though I'd prefer boys... one girl."
"Why one girl?"
"One word: boys. I can't even think about it," he says with a shudder and you laugh. "It's not funny babe. She'll be gorgeous like her mother, of course, and she'll have all the lads chasing after her. I'll have to get a gun! I'll have to train her brothers to protect her when I'm not around..."
His panic has you in hysterics. "Girls are less troublesome than boys, you know?"
"That's not true, and you know it." Jesse tightens his grip around your waist, pulling you closer to his body. "You'll have me running around the city with your pregnancy cravings. Then you'll actually have the baby... we'll have to come up with baby names..."
You think of your little baby. You definitely want the baby, boy or girl, to have their father's amazing, charismatic personality. You think about the late nights you'll be spending awake, tending to your baby. The first steps the baby will take. You think about attending football games with the baby. The baby's first words.
You wonder if they'll be closer to you or Jesse, not that you mind either way. The first day of school...
"It's amazing, isn't it?"
With a nod, you agree, "Yeah." You wiggle your hips to loosen Jesse's arm around you, then turn to face him. "You never cease to amaze me..."
"What do you mean?" he asks, a puzzled expression on his beautiful face.
"What you've just told me... All the plans you've made. They're well thought out, and to me, it seems like you've spent a lot of time thinking about this."
"I have," he confesses, melting your heart further. "First date I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you."
"What about me made you want that?"
"Your heart, definitely." He doesn't have to think of the answer. "That night, on that date, I fell in love with your heart, and I knew that I'd be the biggest idiot in the world if I let you go."
Tears pool in your eyes, but you blink them away. You lean forward to press a kiss to his lips and release a breath you hadn't realized you were holding. "What's the deal, Lingard? Why are you making me cry so early in the morning?"
"I wasn't trying to get you emotional, love."
"I know. I'm just the emotional mess," you laugh at your absurdity. "I'm emotional, and totally in love with you."
"It's only fair, isn't it?" When you shoot him a confused look, he explains, "It's fair because I'm madly in love with you, and sometimes the feelings are so strong, I don't know what to do with myself."
"You're ridiculous."
"I'm in love with you and I've been in love with you for a long time." Jesse raises his hand to wipe away an escaped tear. "I'm done making you cry now."
"Yeah?"
Jesse chuckles and presses a kiss to your forehead. "Yeah, and you know what I think we should do now?"
You shake your head and softly ask, "What?"
"Laze around the bed, maybe watch a movie."
"And what about food?"
"We'll order in. I just want to be lazy with my girlfriend today. What do you say to that?"
With a wide grin, you proclaim, "That sounds perfect to me."
And that's exactly what you do all day.