•Eden Hazard•

By footballfangurl

"Look, there's papa," You told your youngest son Y/Y/S/N, pointing at your husband who had just walked on the pitch with his teammates. Your other son, Y/O/S/N, stood on his seat next to you, supported by your mother-in-law as to make sure he didn't fall. He was waving at his dad but looked at you in confusion when he saw that Eden wasn't waving back.
"Y/O/S/N, papa can't see you from over there, okay? If he sees you, I'm sure he'll wave back." You gave him a kiss on his forehead and shifted Y/Y/S/N to your other hip because he got a little heavy. Looking around you whilst the Belgian national anthem was playing, you saw a woman from a few seats over glance at you with what seemed to be disdain. You noticed she was wearing the colours of the team Eden was playing against, Brazil. When she saw that you were looking at her, she scrunched up her nose and turned her face away from you. You frowned in confusion but didn't say anything about it. You were here to support your husband, not to figure out what you may have done to piss off a random woman.
The game was exciting to say the least. Both teams had lots of chances and when Belgium finally went 1-0 up because of an own goal, you jumped out of your seat along with your mother-in-law and your eldest son -you still had your youngest in your arms. If the boys succeeded in beating Brazil, which you thought was a likely possibility, then you knew you'd have to let your mother-in-law take the kids back to your hotel with her because you'd be allowed to be with Eden tonight and the kids didn't need to witness what you were going to be doing. The coach didn't normally let the families of the players in the training compound because he wanted them to be solely focused on football but after big games like these - whether it ended with a win or not- he said that you'd be allowed to stay for the night. It was good for morale, or something like that. You didn't really care, either way, as long as you were allowed to be with your husband, you were happy.
"What the fuck is she so excited about? Her idiot husband didn't actually do anything." You heard from a few seats over and you narrowed your eyes, trying to contain your anger. You always had trouble with accepting the fact that Eden was so openly criticised by people because you didn't like seeing him hurt. You couldn't start anything, however. Your sons were present, and it wouldn't do to lose your temper over something so petty. It'd be a bad example. Plus, as soon as you would engage in a fight, even a verbal one, it'd be all over the newspaper by tomorrow. You didn't want to draw any attention away from your husband's potential victory over Brazil.
You grinned in pride whenever Eden did a fancy dribble to get past someone from the Brazil team. You loved watching him do that. He was so good at it. It kind of reminded you of the times he'd play around with your sons, not letting them get the ball at all. And whenever you told him to take it easy on them, he'd grin cheekily at you and tell you he already was taking it easy on them.
You shouted in anger whenever your husband got pushed to the ground, trying to make sure you didn't use any curse words but accidentally letting a few slip out anyway, which made your oldest son bounce around in his seat with laughter. The defender that was constantly tailing him pushed him to the ground often and it made you want to jump up and have a few words with him. But you already knew that Eden was used to it by now. Eden got tackled or pushed to the ground a few times in every game he played. Still, seeing him lay on the ground like that was not an enjoyable sight.
When Kevin scored next, you jumped up again, not really believing what you were seeing but feeling extremely proud of the team. Of course, you had faith in them and in their strength, but the Brazil national team was very talented as well and you were very aware of that. Eden was aware of it as well. He'd called you that morning out of nervousness and you'd had to calm him down, which was a very odd thing for you to have to do. Your husband was a very laid-back person by nature and had lots of self-confidence, which made you fall in love with him in the first place. Well, that, and he could be very charming when he wanted to be.
"Okay, what the fuck?! Stop pushing my husband around, asshole!" You shouted in anger at the defender who had just shoved Eden to the ground - again. Your mother-in-law pinched you in the side and when you looked at her, she gestured towards the children. You sent her a sheepish grin in return.
"That was a clear dive. Don't book him! Book that dumb Belgian guy, he's the one tripping over his own fucking feet. What an incompetent fool." The lady from a few seats down yelled at the referee, causing you to frown and open your mouth to argue with the lady but your mother-in-law grabbed your arm and told you, "Don't start anything. It's not worth it."
"Fine. But next time she opens her mouth, something good better come out of it," You said, settling down in your seat again and hugging Y/Y/S/N to your chest. He'd fallen asleep about 40 minutes into the game and hadn't woken up since. Well, you couldn't blame him. He was able to sleep everywhere. He got that from his father. You once found Eden asleep in the tub – which was empty-  in the bathroom after a party you both had to attend. Alcohol makes him sleepy. "or her teeth will." you continued softly, taking care not to talk too loudly in fear of your mother-in-law hearing you. She could be a scary woman when she wanted to be. Still, you wouldn't let that stop you from sticking up for your husband.
Even though the game was still very nerve-wrecking for you with all the shots at goal the Brazilian team had, the woman had said nothing hurtful anymore towards your husband, only scoffing at your son when he clapped in excitement when Eden tried to shoot towards goal but missed. You had to grit your teeth together to avoid going over there and giving her a piece of your mind. It was one thing to be disparaging towards your husband, it was a whole other thing to be disparaging towards your son.
Well, the woman was silent until Brazil scored a goal. Now, you could understand someone cheering for their favourite national team when they scored a goal in a world cup. But the comment that followed would have been the straw that broke the camel's back, if only you weren't conscious of your very young son sleeping on your chest right now. "Now that is what I call real talent. Forget about these Belgian amateurs, they don't know shit."
Was she blind?
"If one more word comes out of that stupid mouth, I'm going over there and I'm going to-,"
"Don't start anything, Y/N. Focus on the game." Carine interrupted you, knowing that if she let you continue raging on like this, you'd only get yourself worked up and then who knew what would happen.
"I wouldn't be starting anything. I'd be finishing it." Your mother-in-law didn't say anything and just ignored you. Sighing in frustration, you shifted your gaze back onto the football pitch, where the game had continued like nothing special had happened. You hoped the boys didn't allow for another ball to go into the goal, mostly because you didn't want to see them go to penalties, but also partly because you knew you wouldn't be able to stand the smug look on the face of the bitch a couple of seats down the row.
And they didn't. The game ended up with a 2-1 win for Belgium and you couldn't be happier. Seeing the boys' reactions on the pitch made you tear up and your own little boy - who was his father's biggest fan- was jumping around and screaming in happiness. It woke up Y/Y/S/N as well, but you didn't mind. It was time for him to wake up anyway, his dad would be coming to greet them soon enough.
"Wow, they totally didn't deserve this. The refs are biased, that's what it is. We should have been through. The players are probably taking drugs or something, I mean, what other explanation could there be? I mean, Neymar junior is like, a hundred times better than that Hazard dude. They don't even-" The woman from before was ranting against her friend, who was nodding along in sadness and agreement. That woman was seriously starting to annoy you.
"Carine, would you take Y/Y/S/N from me for a second, please? I have to go to the bathroom." You asked your mother in law, shifting Y/O/S/N to your other hip so that Carine could take him. She was distracted by your other son, who kept wanting to run off in search of Eden so that he could jump in his father's arms and celebrate. You knew that Carine would be able to keep everything under control. If Carine could handle Thorgan, Eden and Kylian when they were small, she could handle anything.
You had enough of that goddamned woman. She enjoyed talking way too much and you had every intention of shutting her up.
"Hi, excuse me. I couldn't help but overhear what you said, and I just wanted to say that that is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. You know nothing of football and if I ever," You stepped closer to the woman, standing almost nose to nose with her, making sure that your point would come across, "and I mean EVER, hear you insult my husband again, I'm going to punch you so hard you'll be shitting teeth."
After that, you turned back around so you could return to your family but apparently the woman didn't learn from her mistakes. Well, you'd warned her at least.

About ten minutes later, you'd finally reached the railing that separated you from the pitch, and consequently, from your husband, who was making his way over to you. You had your youngest son back in your arms and your oldest was sitting on the railing, carefully held down by Carine so he wouldn't fall. Eden had the biggest of smiles on his face and it was wonderful to see. It made your heart burst with pride and affection. Your captain had steered his team towards victory against Brazil, a country famous for its amazing football and football players.
When Eden finally reached you after being hugged by a few more members of staff, he opened his arms as an invitation for you to hug him but before you could snuggle up to him, your oldest son jumped into his arms from where he was seated on the railing. You and Eden both laughed, him winking at you as he hugged Y/O/S/N back. After a few seconds, Y/O/S/N pulled back from where he was hanging around Eden's neck and started talking about the game and about how much he loved it, making Eden nod in response in concentration to whatever he was saying. You couldn't hold back your smile. You loved watching Eden interact with your kids. He was the greatest father you could imagine. He was carefree but strict when necessary. He loved them more than anything and would do anything for them, including getting up in the middle of the night to comfort them when they had a nightmare, even when he had to be at an important meeting a couple of hours later or had an important game to play that day. You were lucky to have him.
You approached them, leaning into Eden's side as he wrapped his right arm around your waist, his left supporting Y/O/S/N's weight.
"And how is my beautiful wife?" Eden asked, pressing his lips to the top of your head and then kissing Y/Y/S/N as well when the small boy leant forward, afraid of being left out. You couldn't lose the grin on your face. This is what true happiness felt like. Just the four of you, together.
"Fière de toi." You put your free hand on his neck, pulling him closer so you give him a well-earned kiss.
"Oui?" he murmured, closing his eyes and your lips brushed his. You nodded in confirmation, pressing your lips more firmly to his before pulling away slightly and moving them to his ear to whisper something to him.
"I think you've earned a reward. Your mother will take the boys with her to the hotel so," You leaned away from him so he could see your face and smiled. He grinned back at you, his eyes twinkling with mischief. You knew you got him excited at the mere mention of a reward. "nous allons être tout seul ce soir."
"Oh, je t'aime tellement." Eden leaned in to kiss you again but a hand on his face stopped him from doing so. The hand was small in size and was connected to a boy of four, who was frowning at the pair of you in exasperation.
"Are you listening to me?" Y/O/S/N asked and crossed his arms in a way that very much reminded you both of Eden's mother, who was standing a few feet away, talking to one of the staff members in the exact same pose. You and Eden both had to hold back your laughter at the sight.
"Excusez-moi, monsieur. It will not happen again." You assured, grinning in amusement when your oldest son nodded in satisfaction and your youngest imitated him, not really knowing what was going on but still wanting to be included. Pressing your lips to Y/Y/S/N's hair to hide your smile, you watched on from over the top of his head as your oldest son went back to talking with Eden. You quickly lost your smile when your son brought up something you had no intention of telling Eden.
"Maman punched a woman in the face. It was awesome!"
"Maman did what now?"