•Courtois•

Courtois
By imagine-footballers

As per usual the office was buzzing. Silence obviously didn't exist here. Keyboards, coffee machines, printers and general chit chat filled the air. You sat at your desk, sipping your usual black coffee that your colleague, Marie, had picked up for you this morning. It was a damn good thing Marie had picked you up that coffee because you felt like a zombie.
It was the first day back after the 10 week break of the football season and lets just say you were not used to these early starts. You had spent your break going to sleep at ungodly hours and waking up halfway through the day. Despite hating the early starts, you did miss work. I mean, who wouldn't miss seeing attractive footballers every day? Especially after winning the league last season every one at Chelsea was at an all time high.
"Y/N, want one?" You looked away from your computer screen and towards Marie. Her hands were outstretched and in them she was holding a pack of your favorite kind of biscuits: Chocolate Hobnobs.
"I don't know....." You said thoughtfully, you were meant to be on a diet and working out. Everyone at work knew, since you took advantage of the free pass to the gym more than anyone else.
"Live a little!" Marie giggled, shoving you the packet. You smirked and took a biscuit out of the packet. Now Marie was satisfied, you both turned back to your respectable desks and began working.

A chorus of chatter and whispering once again broke into the office causing you and Marie to look up. You saw the famous John Terry talking to your boss at her desk and a few other players scattered around. This didn't particularly bother or excite you. Yes, you were a Chelsea supporter but you also had work to focus on.
"Marie, do you have the number for the coach company that we used last season?" You asked Marie, finishing off your coffee as you did so. Marie held her finger up at you, to say one second.
"Ummmm... yeah. I'll send it to your work messenger." Marie said. You nodded and went to pick your coffee cup up to take a sip, when you realised you had finished it. You sighed and stood up, intending to take your coffee cup back to the staff kitchen and get a refill. Before you could Marie grabbed your arm to make you turn around.
"Refill mine for me?" Marie asked, holding out her coffee cup and giving me puppy dog eyes. You sighed at your best friends laziness before taking her coffee cup.
"You owe me one."
"Yeah yeah. I'll buy you a drink next time we go out." She promised flimsily. You navigated the way through the desks and to the staff kitchen.

You pressed the button that made the coffee machine start. Unluckily for you Marie was incredibly fussy when it came to her coffee. You usually avoided making her coffee but on rare occasions you were roped into it.
You dumped both your mugs in the sink and opened the cupboards in search of more mugs. It was just your luck that they were on the top shelf, far out of your reach. You weren't incredibly short but you weren't incredibly tall. You sighed and contemplated taking the coffee mugs out of the sink and hoping Marie wouldn't notice.
"Need some help?" You turned around when you heard this unfamiliar male voice. It was a Chelsea player, you recognised it to be Thibaut Courtois. Who just happened to be your Dad's and little brother's favourite player.
"Um, yeah. Please. That'd be great." You spoke. Thibaut moved close to you and stood in front you, reaching up and grabbing three coffee cups from the top shelf. He handed them to you and took a step back.
"I only needed two..."
"Yeah, I know. But I want some coffee too." He smirked.
"Well I guess I owe you. How do you take your coffee?" You smiled.
"Black, with two sugars, please." He said politely, leaning on the opposite counter. You nodded and set the extra mug down.
"You didn't tell me your name." He stated.
"You didn't ask." You replied.
"Fair enough. I'm Thibaut and you are?"
"Y/N. I know who you are, Chelsea's goalkeeper. I think my Dad and younger brother would kill me if I didn't know who you are." You laughed.
"Are they supporters?"
"Mmhm. You're their favourite player." Thibaut smirked again.
"Am I yours too?" He suggested. You laughed and shook your head.
"Sorry pal, I'm more of an Oscar fan. Got his jersey and everything."
"I'm hurt." He said, putting his hands over his heart in mock hurt. "How can I persuade you to make me your favourite?"
"I'm too loyal. Oscar's my boy." You laughed. The coffee machine went off and you began to make the coffees. You were extra careful with Marie's, being incredibly delicate with it. You handed Thibaut his coffee and began to sip yours.
"This is good coffee." He said, causing you to nod in agreement.
"It is but the best is just across the road." You stated.
"Well, how about after you finish work later we go get some coffee? And I can persuade you that I'm much better than Oscar." Thibaut suggested.
"Good luck with that. I finish at 5, meet me outside the front entrance." You smile, picking up Marie's coffee as well as yours, and walked out of the kitchen, leaving him alone with his coffee.
You sashayed to your desk, handing Marie her coffee.
"What took you so damn long?!" She questioned, drinking her coffee instantly. You debated telling her that you had been uncharacteristically flirting with Thibaut Courtois but decided against it.
"It's not my fault that you're so damn picky with your coffee! It takes forever to make!" You protested, getting back to your work.