thirty three

"that's why erica won't let you hit that pussy," fifteen year old stella said, throwing an empty water bottle at junior.

"stop talking like that!" ariana shouted from the kitchen.

"yeah, stop talking like that," junior said as he messed up his sisters hair as he walked by her and went to the kitchen.

"ugh! stop," stella said as she climbed over the back of the couch and followed him.

"joan, if i hear you say anything like that again i'm gonna bust you in the fucking mouth," ariana said.

"he hasn't taken a shower in three days, would you want that taking you from behind?"

"what did i just say?"

"just saying."

"and you go take a damn shower, that's gross," ariana said, pointing at junior.

"it's only been two days," junior said.

"go take a shower."

as junior walked out of the kitchen ariana looked at stella. "i don't care how you talk when i'm not around but i don't wanna hear that shit come out of your mouth."

"you act like i don't know how sex works," stella said as she sat on a stool at the counter.

"i don't care, stop talking like that. i don't need the other kids talking like that and they get their bad ass mouths from you two."

"celia's grandmas name is priscilla and she goes by puss," chelsea said.

"that's different. and fucking stupid."

"same name same word," stella said.

"two completely different things. go get dressed. you have school."

"it's a teacher day. me and junior don't have school."

"how come i have to go to school if they don't?" makayla asked.

"because they have a teacher day and you don't," ariana said. "i want triplets, mikey, chelsea and mars to go get dressed. right now. you're all going to school."

"what about aaron?" chelsea asked.

"he was throwing up all night."

"he's not not."

"go get your ass ready for school and don't make me say it again before i bust it."

"i need to talk to you," stella said quietly.

"it'll have to wait until i get back."

"it's really important."

"are you pregnant?"

"no!"

"then it can wait until i get back."

"but -"

"joan."

stella sighed. "fine..." she said before walking away.

"i want all mccormick's and grandes in the van in fifteen minutes," ariana called out.

———————————————————————

"mom? can we talk now?" stella asked as she stood at the doorway of ariana's room.

"yeah," ariana said. "what's up? is everything okay?"

"yeah, just..." stella sat on the bed and twiddled her thumbs. "i just have a question."

"what?"

"does sex hurt?"

"if it hurt do you think your dad and i would do it?"