4. Edwards Fault

Part 4
Edwards Fault

Five days. Five days until the triplets were to wed Louis.

The news spread throughout the kingdom like fire, causing Louis to become nervous. What flowers did he want, what colour scheme, even how he wanted the menu to look. Louis was worried for more reasons than that though. Louis hadn't gotten a chance to really meet the triplets. Louis met these boys two days ago, and now he was meant to marry them? He did not like that idea.

Courting was a large part of the mating ritual to Louis' pack, and not getting the chance to be swooned was disappointing to him.

Louis sat in his room, flipping the pages to an old book Marcel had given him. He was sad, and the triplets knew that.

Harry walked into Louis' room, situating himself behind the boy. His long legs were on both sides of Louis. He lied back, intertwining his fingers behind his head.

"You're sad my omega, why is that?" Harry asked, looking at Louis sweater-clad back.

"I don't know. I don't know much about you all, and now I'm set to marry you? It is a little sudden, isn't it?" Louis sighed out, laying back onto Harry.

"Does it now feel right Louis? Are you having second thoughts?" Harry panicked, eyes going wide.

"What? No, I want more time. That's all."

Harry ran his fingers through Louis' hair. Louis purred, closing his eyes.

"We don't have a choice," Harry stated, "my mother is still queen."

"Can't you do something about it though? Say what you want to extend the date?" Louis asked.

"Louis, my mother, the reason she was rushing this is not the reason you think," Harry said nervously.

"What do you mean? We need to wed before your rut, she said."

"Louis, the room, it's smell proof. We can easily stop you from getting you heat, but the real reason we need to wed is that of Edward." Harry said, sitting up, causing Louis to sit up as well.

Louis was confused. Harry was about to explain before Edward walked in.

"Hello, Louis, Harry." He greeted, sitting in an armchair.

"Edward." Said, Harry.

"Why are you the reason we can't court?" Louis suddenly demanded, shocking both alphas.

"You told him, Harry?" Edward questioned Harry.

"Yes Edward, I did."

Edward looked at Louis, eyes devouring Louis small body in a pink sweater that was far too big. Louis' eyes were squinted, looking at Edward suspiciously.

"Well?" Louis rushed, crossing his arms.

"You look like a mad kitten," Edward said, smirking at Louis.

"Edward," Louis demanded.

"You want to know Louis? Want to know why I forced my mother to lie to you? Well, darling, do I have news for you." Edward laughed, standing from his seat.

Louis was becoming anxious. Harry was no longer behind him, so when he laid down on the bed out of fear, nobody was there to protect him from the threatening alpha.

Edward crawled onto the bed, hovering over Louis' body.

"My innocent omega, you are my key to life," Edward said, bringing his mouth down to Louis' neck. "My soulmate," Edwards canines poked at Louis' neck. "You are the one who will help me change."

"Alpha, you are scaring me." Whimpered Louis, pushing Edward up. Louis looked into his eyes, noticing they are pure white.

"You see now omega your innocence will help me."

"I'm confused, this doesn't make sense," Louis said, looking up at Edward.

"He's cursed." Came a voice from the doorway.

Edward got off the bed, closing his eyes for a minute before opening them. They were green again.

"Cursed? I don't understand." Louis looked at the doorway where a lean man with olive skin stood. He had brown eyes and slicked back long hair.

"His father brought in a witch when Edward was sixteen, cursed him." Said the man leaning on the door frame.

"Why would his father do such a thing?" Louis gasped, eyes still on the unknown man.

"Milo. That was his name. I gave my knot to him when I was sixteen. I bonded him." Edward spoke, body tense.

Louis felt a shot of jealousy burst through him. "You were so young, Edward."

"As sick as it is, Milo died on my knot. He was the same age but hadn't had his first heat. His body couldn't take it." Edward said, his voice and face held no emotion. "My father thought the act as sinful, he brought in a witch to blind my wolf. One of a wolves best senses gone. The curse was not reversible, but the witch made an exception. Said if I mate someone as innocent as the ones who life I took, I could get my vision back." Edward finished, sitting on the end of the bed, facing away from Louis.

"You killed an omega," Louis said, trying to wrap his head around the situation. This was a lot to take in on the third day.

"Yes Louis, I did. I couldn't control myself, I turned into something else that year." Edward tried to explain.

Louis' eyes went wide, "Edward how can you control yourself now? You expect me to mate you but all you are doing is using my innocence for your own benefit?" Louis yelled, getting to his feet.

"No!, Louis, I would never. Your innocence is only part of the reason,"

"I expect an alpha to love me for who I am, not for what I lived before them." Louis spat, pushing past the man in the doorway,

"You smell like him." Louis heard Edward say.

He stopped moving, standing just outside the doorway.

"I hadn't noticed until after you showered. Of course, you still have your own scent, but it's the flower part. When I first smelt you, I smelt roses. Today I smelt carnations and, and Milo smelt like carnations." Edward said sadly. "Milo and I were close before it happened. My brothers thought he was too rowdy, but I loved it. Louis, I killed him, and I had something of mine taken away from me because of it. I need you, and I would live the rest of my life blind if it meant you'd stay.

"I'm not hung up on him, but he meant a lot to me. I need you to know this before we wed. You want to know us, my brothers and I, so here."

Louis was crying, he felt terrible.

"Alpha, I want to say I'm sorry. I can't be Milos replacement."

"I don't want him replaced, I want you."

Louis and Edward looked at each other. Edward wrapped his arms around Louis.

Edward gave Louis a piece of his heart when he told him about Milo.

Zayn, the man who was in the room with Louis and Edward, introduced himself to Louis.

"M'name is Zayn, I'm General Payne's mate." He smiled at Louis, bowing at him.

Louis smiled, following Zayn out the door. Edward stayed behind, looking out the window, eyes white.

-----

A/N

Double update bc I am bored and I love you all

this story probably makes no fuking sense but hey, I'm sensitive so please be kind.

Okay cool so idk when I'm updating next, but I'll try to make the chapters longer.

k luv you all bye

-Sydney