𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

Namjoon went on his way back towards the prince's room, adjusting his white gloves and the lapels of his coat, his hair combed to perfection with heavy footsteps along the marbled corridor

Preoccupied by thoughts of Jimin and how to handle the boy, he's in a space between reality and his thoughts as he stared down at the points of his shoes as he walked down the aisle.

Pictures of Jimin pops in his mind and he couldn't help but smile. "Adorable." He mumbles to himself, remembering the time when Jimin was going gaga over a cute little teddy bear, although it was a bit dirty and Namjoon had to clean it for him, Jimin was very enthusiastic to have that toy.

Oh, he misses the old days. The times they were kids running across the grassfields. The times they blow dandelion whisps at each other and laugh out loud. Namjoon wanted to daydream some more of their youth when he had accidentally bumped onto a strong frame and he jerked a bit backwards, he shuffles his feet and maintained balance before he looks straight at the man before him, meeting another alpha's piercing gaze and it struck him-

It's the crowned prince, Kim Seokjung, the next heir to the throne. He gasped and he immediately bowed his head down, his hands onto his sides and his eyes squeezed shut at the slight nervousness.

"I apologize, Your Highness. I wasn't looking. I am to blame." He speaks out, trying to hide the nervousness itched in his voice and he clears his throat.

He suddenly heard the other prince chortle and he bit his lips inwardly. He felt a hand brush onto his shoulders, patting it as he visibly relaxed.

Being the clumsy type, he knows he is prone to danger afterall.

Quite ironic that he's working for the kingdom that took his land and claimed it as their asset. And now in front of him is one of the people he wanted to perish, but he has to act all pliant despite being the same level alpha.

He then, felt the trace of the crowned prince's fingertips, trailing up to his neck, then across his jawline till the tip of his chin, making him tip his head back a bit and meet Seokjung's eyes. The orbs of the slightly tall man reminds Namjoon of the color of nature, a calm nature, and a small smile plastered onto the prince's lips.

He clears his throat once again, his mouth parted slightly and he blinks.

"You should be careful. You are a servant afterall."

A servant.

Namjoon just nodded and the prince made his way past him, and when he thinks the prince had created distance, he sighed in relief.

He went his way infront of Seokjin's room and he faintly knocks.

"I will be available now, Your Highness. The sun is about to set and so I shall stay here on the other room as you are in a dilemma." Namjoon spoke, hoping it could get through before he shuffles his feet towards the study room just beside His Majesty's room, twisting the doorknob and welcoming himself in.

The smell of books immediately hit his nostrils and he smiled, the window was tightly shut and there are fleeting dusts all over the room. Quite nostalgic, Namjoon thinks. Reminds him of his old days, still. His foster moster reading classic books and William Shakespeare was his favorite.

He grew up with wisdom regarding philosophies, taking in depth as well as aesthetic, the real treasures of beauty and mythologies. He's a man bringing history with him in the present, and a man that appreciates the small things.

This room reminds him of it all.

He passed by the shelves of books, eyeing each one of them and he wonders if he could read all of them. He shook his head. The prince will be mad.

But maybe it wouldn't hurt to take one? Just one. A little sneak peek, right?

He pauses and scanned the shelves thoroughly, reading titles of books and searching for one he'd be intrigued with.

Then he sees it.

He reached for it with ease and carefully pulled it out of the neatly arranged books, he blows and rubs the small particles of dust and he mouths the title.

"Lost Illusions. Honoré de Balzac." The words comes out of his mouth like sweet, cottony softness despite the manly tone. He flips the cover and sees a handwriting saying,

La avaricia, como el amor, posee el don de la visión de los acontecimientos futuros, que presiente y adivina.

He couldn't understand much of it and he shrugs it off, hopeless of understanding what it could mean.

"What are you doing there, Sir Kim?" The voice startles the alpha and he quickly turns towards the direction, seeing Seokjin with a white robe on, and wow, just wow at those skinny legs and that slightly exposed chest. Namjoon hid the book behind his back with a flustered stare and he bows his head down.

"I-I was just- uh-" He could only hear small giggles from the prince and small footsteps approaching him, he clears his throat and he presses his lips together.

"It's alright, Namjoon. Don't be too nervous around me. I know you have a book behind your back. No need to hide from me." Namjoon visibly relaxes at the comforting tone of the prince and he shows the book.

"I-I was just thinking if I could and t-took the risk." Namjoon felt a hand brush against his nape and he meets Seokjin's eyes in surprise.

"It's alright, Namjoon." He repeats and Namjoon blushes shyly, his lips curving into a wide smile, showing his adorable dimples.

"I didn't notice you had dimples, until now."