𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

Days had alloted and yet there is still no sign of the royal messenger

Days had alloted and yet there is still no sign of the royal messenger. It had been taking a toll on Seokjin, and Namjoon still couldn't help the regent prince.

Seokjin had been feeling blue and anxious, he didn't want the royal messenger to come back quickly, he isn't sure of what to do or what to say to the lead of the North Kingdom. The North is quite distinct, he expectedly the messenger to arrive a week later or so, but his Father can be really impatient and might fume on anger.

Namjoon on the other hand, had been trying to distract the omega as well as being cautious of his heat and had been quite a handful too, for a lone servant.

"Sire, would you like to take a stroll around the village with me? It'd be really nice. I find you isolated in here." Despite the rather, 'closeness' of his tone towards Seokjin, the regent didn't mind as he physically and figuratively has Namjoon alone to clung on, where times can be too much to bear.

"A stroll, Sir Namjoon? And in town? There are lots of pests in there!" Seokjin scrunches his nose in disgust, even with the mere thought of it makes the elder almost vomit, just think about the unpleasant smell pesky rats gives off!

Namjoon chuckled, but he's still persistent. "W-well," the alpha makes his way towards Seokjin's desk, and with his hands onto the table, a grin plastered across his face, he speaks, "...you have me with you? We can dress up in a coat. Trust me, sire. It's beautiful in there, expect for the rats you loathe." Namjoon then chuckles and he hums amusingly.

It is an unnatural relationship between them, they had recently met and had distinctive roles in the whole empire, and yet they are this close already for Seokjin to feel comfortable, and not act 'all mighty' just to showcase an alpha title he doesn't even hold.

Namjoon sometimes contemplate about this, and it makes him think that this'll be on a lifetime basis, then it'd be conveniently easier for him.

"I do not know, Sir Namjoon. I just find it exhausting, is all."

"Then I'd just have to change your mind. Just once?" Seokjin looks up at Namjoon with quite a hesitant look, then he gives up (if not for Namjoon's dimples that had shown and the sparkles in his eyes), sighing and he nods.

"Alright. If I didn't like it, then it's off." Namjoon beamed up a smile and he quickly jogs outside the prince's study, fetching a robe from the prince's enormous walk-in closet, and casual clothing for the noble himself.

Seokjin awaits patiently as he reads the couple of papers scattered around his desk, he should have finished these papers a long time ago, and he kept meeting with the alchemists and a few of the bishops, which is really irritating because their camp is the most selfish and the one shifting the supposedly balance within the empire.

After a little while, Namjoon comes in with the robes, which they quickly wore, with Seokjin being helped, of course, by his butler.

Namjoon brought a couple of schillings (their currency), just ifever the prince would be hungry along the way. The two secretly went out through the back door and across the palace gardens behind the castle and towards the stables.

The horses grunts on their arrival, but with a smile, Namjoon went over to his sidekick he calls Nolliat, and the horse neighs loud enough to startle the prince, tugging onto Namjoon's sleeve.

"Do not be scared, sire. Let's get you up." Seokjin nods, and yet there's still the nervousness in his eyes. He had rode horses, sure, but he's still in fear of tripping over.

Namjoon held Seokjin's waist, helping him up as he stepped onto the stirrup, where the rider's foot should be placed, and eventually mounting the horse, the elder still clinging tight onto Namjoon's hand this time. Namjoon quickly occupied the space in front of Seokjin and the elder clung tight onto his waist this time.

"Trust me, okay?" Assures the noble, for Seokjin to feel comfortable.

"You're the only alpha I trust." The prince whispers in his ear, eyes endearingly looking at Namjoon from the back who did not dare look back at him out of flusteredness.