a.e - fluff

Warnings: none, just a shy alex.

"David how do you ask a girl out?" Alex Ernst was crushing hard. And unfortunately for him, the only people around were Dom and David, and lord knows that Dom wouldn't have a fucking clue.

"Aw Alex it's okay, she won't go out with you no matter what you offer." David laughed behind the camera, Alex rolling his eyes.

"David I'm serious. I really like this girl and you're the only one near me at the moment with a girlfriend. If Scotty was here I'd ask him instead." David lets out a sigh, turning his camera off.

"Dude, just be cool about it. Don't be awkward and don't be too forward. Do you know where you want to take her?" He can't help but smile, little Alex is finally gonna grow a pair and ask someone out.

"Yeah, she loves the outdoors so I was thinking a picnic by the beach or something." Alex's eyes lit up, and it was clear he really liked this girl. David hoped she'd say yes,

"Alright cool, do you have everything ready if she says yes?" Alex beamed at David, surprised but thankful that he was trying to help.

"Yeah, I just need to put it in my car." A grin spread across David's face, an idea popping into his head, and for once, it was a good one.

"Take the Tesla. I have to edit tonight, so I'll just stay here and then drive home when you get back." Alex's eyes nearly popped out of his head. The Tesla? David being helpful? And nice? Holy shit, this had to be his lucky day.

"Dude thank you so much, holy shit." Alex raced off into his room, grabbing some clothes and hopping into the shower.

--------

alex: Hey Y/N, can you meet me at the house?

y/n: Yeah sure, I was actually just on my way over. :)

Ok, don't be weird, be cool. Don't be forward, but don't be shy. Alex looked out the window, watching you get out of your car and walking to the door. You knew they always left it unlocked, and you basically lived there anyway, so naturally you simply walked in.

"Hey Alex." He sent a smile in return, patting the spot next to him on the couch. He was always really sweet, and you'd be lying if you said you didn't have a small crush on him.

"So, Y/N, I had a question." You sat in the space next to him, turning to look at him.

"Shoot." You watched as he took a deep breath, before looking at his hands and back at you.

"Ok, so, um. I've liked you for awhile now, and I'd really love to take you out on a date tonight." You could hear your heartbeat speed up, and you wondered if Alex could hear it as well.

When he opened his mouth again, a frown taking over his face, you realized you'd been silent for a couple seconds too long.

"It's fine, you're not into me like that, I get it." He got up, but you grabbed his wrist, yanking him back onto the sofa.

"Alex, I'd love to go out with you, you doof." The smile that he sent your way was adorable, and you placed a kiss on his cheek before standing up.

"Pick me up at 7." You waved goodbye, exiting the house and getting into your car. You looked at the time and realized you had only a few hours to get ready, and you freaked out a little before pulling out of their driveway and making your way home.

Meanwhile, Alex was still on the sofa, a goofy grin on his face and his hand touching the spot where you kissed him.

"Now that's what I call good footage." Alex nearly had a heart attack, staring at David with wide eyes.

"Were you hiding there the whole time?" David burst into laughter, turning the camera off and nodding.

"Why didn't you tell me you liked Y/N? I never would've guessed." Alex shrugged, a playful smile on his face.

He seemed to smile a lot when he was thinking about you.