t.s - fluff

Warnings: none, just a really dorky and lovable toddy.

Requested by: EMICOV

Today was our two year anniversary. It was already nearing one o'clock, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly pissed that Toddy hadn't even sent a text saying 'Happy Anniversary'. He had been totally MIA the whole day, despite me texting him about six different times.

By three o'clock I called him again, and he surprisingly answered.

"Hey baby, sorry, I've been pretty busy today." He was breathless, and I could hear wind in the background.

"Toddy, are you running? What the hell are you doing?" I was confused, annoyed, and angry. But mostly confused at this moment in time.

"Can't really say. But go look on your doorstep. Love you, talk to you later." Before I could even respond, he hung up, and I sat on the sofa trying to figure out what was going on.

I got up slowly, worried he was just gonna burst through the door and scare the living hell out of me. Knowing Toddy, it was definitely something he would do. I looked through the peephole, and after declaring it clear, I opened the door to find a box on the doorstep.

I took it inside and set it on my coffee table, struggling to open it before deciding to get a knife. After I managed to open it, I found a note and beautiful satin red dress with a deep v-neck. I set the dress aside, unfolding the note and skimming over it.

'Happy Anniversary, gorgeous. I know I most likely pissed you off by not texting you, but you'll forgive me later once you see what I have planned for us tonight. Be ready by seven, I'll see you soon. Love you, Toddy.'

Yikes, I definitely felt like an asshole now. He was busy all day planning something special and I was being a bitch. In my defense though, it was our two year anniversary. Taking a look at the clock, I nearly had a heart attack.

3:15 p.m

There was no way I'd be able to get ready by seven. Hopefully whatever Toddy had planned we could be late for. I ran to the bathroom, hopping in the shower and washing my hair with the strawberry shampoo Toddy likes. I shaved, which took me forever since I was constantly finding hairs I missed.

By the time I finished showering, it was four o'clock.

"Okay, deep breaths, Y/N. You'll be fine." I muttered, before walking into my room and sitting down at my vanity. After sifting through all my cluttered makeup I decided to go with a gold smokey eye and a red lip.

I almost had a literal panic attack when I checked the clock again, only being halfway done with my makeup and it was already four forty-five. Jesus Christ.

Then I couldn't find my holy grail mascara, so instead of using a different one I spent another thirty minutes looking for it only to find it was underneath my fucking makeup bag the whole damn time.

I finished the rest of my look by five thirty. But now came the hardest level yet, the boss level.

My hair.

After brushing it and applying product, I decided to do a fishtail braid with a couple strands in front of my face curled. It was five forty now, and I was feeling pretty good.

Key word, was.

It took me a literal fifty minutes to do my fucking hair because I kept screwing up the braid, and then when I was curling the pieces in front I burnt my damn finger and had to ice it for ten minutes.

But it's fine, because it was only six thirty. Which meant I had a half hour left, and all I needed to do was find shoes. Maybe this could be the one part that goes well.