t.s - fluff but also a little angst

Warnings: some swearing

Requested by: dreamer1md

Toddy and I met two months ago, give or take, and there was an instant attraction between the two of us. Granted, we met at a party, so I just kind of assumed it was the alcohol talking. I was very wrong. We hadn't been on a formal date or anything, but the two of us were constantly hanging out. And when we weren't hanging out, we were texting each other. And sometimes those texts could get a little, uhm, dirty.

And it wasn't like just casually hooking up, like a friends with benefit type thing, there was genuinely something there but we just wanted to go slow. But then we had sex for the first time, and now things are kind of going very fast. We aren't official or anything, but I'm thinking it might be happening soon. Or at least I hope it will.

Currently, we were chilling in my apartment, my head on his lap as we binge watched 'Riverdale'. I may or may not have gotten him addicted. We were halfway through the second season when my our phones started going off like crazy. I wasn't a youtuber, I was actually trying to make it as a writer, but David always had me in his vlogs so I had a decent amount of followers.

"What the fuck." I hadn't even unlocked my phone to see what was happening, but Toddy was already scrolling through Twitter.

"What? What's going on?" He shoved his phone in my face, my hands grabbing it and reading the tweet as fast as I could manage.

"Who knew Y/N was such a dirty whore? Look at these." I clicked on the attached imagines, texts between Toddy and I filling his screen.

"Who the fuck got these?" I asked, my eyes finding Toddy's. I could tell he was pissed, and I was too, to be honest. It was violation of our fucking privacy for god's sake!

"I have no fucking clue. My phone must've been hacked." I was about to question how he knew it was his phone and not mine, when I realized the pictures of the texts were from him to me.

"This is bad, Toddy. I'm never going to be published with this shit on the internet!" I could feel the tears welling up my eyes, but at this point I think my anger was worse than my sadness. He tried to hug me, but I was already up on feet, pacing around my living room and trying to figure out how to do damage control.

"Look baby, it's okay. There's no proof that those are actually our texts." My head snapped up, looking at Toddy expectantly.

"Continue." I said, confusion etched on my face.

"Ok so, we know that those are our numbers, and so do our friends, but fans don't. There's no concrete proof that those came from either of our phones, they're just screenshots." He was completely relaxed now, his eyes searching my face for my response. I slowly sat down next to him, his idea making sense.

"Yeah, but you know your fans will most likely call your number. How many texts and calls do you have?" He looked at his phone, his shoulders slouching.

"A lot."

"Exactly. And your voicemail is your voice." I threw my head back in frustration. I cannot believe this is happening.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry, Y/N." He wrapped his arms around me, and I leaned into his chest.

"It's not your fault. People are just assholes who don't know how to respect someone's privacy." I mumbled, a sigh leaving me afterwards.

A couple hours later I wasn't feeling so upset, and Toddy and I managed to crack a couple jokes about the whole ordeal. If a publishing company wouldn't take me because of stupid hacker, then I would just have to find a way to make it on my own. Their loss, I suppose.

Who knows, maybe one day I can tell this story to my kids as a lesson to not sext people.