i.f - angst

Warnings: breakup, sad

Requested by: MazieeeB , burntcigswiltedroses and EnvyGangster

baby: hey, can we talk later?

I felt my breath stop short once I read Ilya's text. We've been dating for around a year now, but I could feel things kind of dying out. I never brought it up though, because I really wanted to make it work. Despite things beginning to fade out, I still loved him.

Of course, I could be overreacting. At least I hope I am.

me: of course! everything okay?

baby: yep

His short response worried me, but I'm sure it's fine. He's probably tired, since he's been working a lot recently. Deciding not to dwell on what may or may not happen tonight, I ordered a pizza for the two of us and picked out a movie.

Ten minutes later someone began knocking on my door, so I grabbed my wallet, assuming it was the pizza guy because Ilya always uses his key. Opening my door, I came face to face with my boyfriend.

"Hey babe!" I leaned in to kiss him, but he turned his head to the side, my lips meeting his cheek instead.

He walked into my apartment, and stood in the middle of the living room. "Aren't you going to sit?"

"Uh, no, actually. I-This isn't working, Y/N." The rational part of me saw it coming, but the side that didn't want to believe it caused my eyes to well up with tears.

"Oh." I didn't know what to say, and so I ended up sounding like an idiot.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. You're an amazing woman, and I love you, I do. But this, us, it's just not there anymore." He walked forwards, his frame towering over me.

"I know. I-I didn't really want to think about it. I wanted to try to make it work, but I don't really think either of us are actually happy." I was willing the tears not to spill over, but I felt a few roll down my cheeks despite my pleas.

"Please don't cry, Y/N. You'll ruin your mascara." I let out a pathetic laugh, wrapping my arms around Ilya's neck.

"I'll miss you." I murmured.

"And I'll miss you, Y/N." He gave me a sad smile, before placing something in my hand and walking out the door.

Looking down, I saw it was his key. My key. I tossed it onto the coffee table, sitting down on the sofa and pulling my legs up.

"So that's it." I whispered, and I let the tears fall down my cheeks, wrapping myself up in a blanket.

Hearing someone knocking at my door for the second time tonight, I wiped my face quickly, trying to get rid of the black mascara marks under my eyes. Opening the door, I was met with a pizza.

"That's gonna be $15." I handed him a twenty, and told him to keep the rest before closing the door as fast as I could. I set the pizza in the kitchen, the thought of eating anything making me want to vomit.

I couldn't sleep, no matter how long I kept my eyes closed. I tried to push today's events out of my head, but they refused to disappear. I wanted to text him so bad, but I knew it wasn't a smart idea. Instead, I was left lying in bed wondering if there was something I could've done in the past so that this wouldn't have happened.