d.d - fluff

Warnings: none, just a super cute david.

David had insisted on taking you to a super fancy restaurant for your birthday, but it was about an hour away from L.A. And, David being David, went the wrong way.

"Babe I'm telling you, we're going the right way." He tried to reassure you, but he'd been driving for nearly two hours now, and you knew that he'd got you both very lost.

"David, we've been driving for way longer than we should've. Look, there's a hotel over there, let's just go ask where we are." He slowed down a bit, turning to look at you before sighing.

"Fine, but if someone steals my Tesla you're paying for a new one." David laughed, pulling into a parking space.

"I will gladly pay for a new one, with your credit card." He flicked your cheek, before pressing a quick kiss to your lips and getting out of the car. You followed suit, shutting the door and jogging to catch up to your boyfriend.

"If we get mugged I'm telling the police you were in charge." You laughed loudly at this, knowing that police wouldn't believe David. You were 4'9 and had more of a baby face than he did.

"Oh hush. This place looks decent." And you were right, though the inside of the hotel was much more appealing than the outside, and actually looked rather classy.

"Y/N it's already 8 o'clock, there's no point in going out to dinner now." You could tell his mood had changed drastically in the span of two minutes. David was really excited about your birthday, and he wanted to make it as special as he could. Finding out the time is what most likely crushed hopes.

"Baby it's fine, I think this is kinda fun. We could stay here tonight and then go exploring tomorrow, yeah?" You gave him a big smile, and eventually he nodded and wrapped you up in his arms.

"Yeah, I guess. You're probably too pig-like for a fancy restaurant anyway." He had a shit eating grin on his face, and you couldn't help but snicker, despite the fact that you were the butt of the joke.

"Watch it, Dobrik." You bumped his hip before the two of you made your way to the front desk, booking a room.

-------------

"Woah, David this room is huge!" You turned to look at your boyfriend, his eyes almost as wide as yours. Yes, it looked really wonderful in the lobby, but you didn't really think your room would look this nice. It was fairly cheap, too.

"Yeah, it is. And that bed looks awfully comfortable." He sent a wink your way, and you picked up a pillow from the sofa and tossed it at his head.

"Such a dirty kid." You scoffed, before laughing as David tackled you to the bed and began tickling you.

"No! Noooo, David, oh my god! Stop!" You were laughing so much you found it hard to breathe. You tazed his side, and he squirmed before falling off the side of the bed. You threw your head back, endless giggles escaping your lips.

The two of you continued terrorizing each other for nearly another hour, and now the both of you were lying on the floor, your hands intertwined.

"This is honestly so much better than going out to dinner. Thank you for getting us lost baby." You squeezed David's hand, letting him know you weren't joking around. He leaned his head closer to yours, pressing a slow kiss to your lips.

You pulled away with a smile, before standing up and stretching. He mimicked your movements, and picked up his phone.

"Google says there's a gourmet restaurant just down the street." The two of you stared at each other for a good minute before he broke, chuckles falling from his lips.

"Hmm, let me guess. McDonald's?" He nodded his head, grabbing your jacket and tossing it at you.

"You got it babe. The finest cuisine you will ever have." You shook your head in amusement, but you shrugged your jacket on and headed out to the parking lot.

Laughter followed you guys everywhere you went, and it really was one of the best birthdays you'd ever had. But then again, maybe it was just because you were with someone so amazing.