Chapter Twenty

You woke up to the smell of food cooking. Breakfast, it seems like. This early? You sigh as you then get up. You look over and see that little Emily is not in her bed. You get off of the floor and make your way down to the kitchen.

     You see that Emily and the man are sitting at the kitchen table. Jessica stands over the stove, fixing breakfast. You see an open seat next to the man. What's his name anyways?

     You sat down beside him and then looked at him. He looked at you and smiled.

      "Good morning. I'm happy that you kept my daughter safe from..." He trails off as he then gets closer to you and then whispers, "that demon clown." You smile and nod at him.

     'It was no problem,' you telepathically say to him, 'mr...?'

     "Scott. Kyle Scott. Just call me Kyle," he suggested as he then smiles at you. You smile back at him and then put your focus on the little girl.

     Her hair is put into pigtails, even on both sides. Her hair swings below her shoulders as she moves. She was so pretty, like a flower in spring. You couldn't help but think of what would happen if you didn't stop Laughing Jack from getting to her.

     You then thought about why he wants to slaughter children in the first place. What did these innocent children ever do to him? Just the thought of thousands of slaughtered children almost made you want to cry.

      You sighed as you then looked toward Jessica, who was still fixing breakfast. She turned to look at her husband and her daughter. She then looked at you in an angry way. She sighed as she then finished up with cooking breakfast.

     She put the breakfast on some plates and then handed them to you. You watched as she handed you your plate of food. You looked at the food and then picked up your fork. You ate as they had their own conversations. You finished your plate and then walked over to their sink and began to wash your plate.

     After you finished washing it and drying it off, you sat back down. You waited for everyone else to get done. You noticed that Jessica kept staring at you. Is she mad at you? What did you do to her?

     "If she doesn't stop looking at you like that, I'm gonna rip her to shreds!" Your voice yells. You try to calm down your voice, so you wouldn't accidentally attack Jessica.

•••

     After a while of waiting for them to get done, they finally finished. You watched as Jessica took the plates and began to wash them. Kyle came up to you.

     "Ready?" He asks. You nod as you then follow him out of the door. Before you went outside, little pigtails gave you a hug. You hugged her back as she then ran back to her mother.

     You waved goodbye to both of them as Jessica kept frowning at you. Why does she hate you so much?

     You sigh as you then follow Kyle to his car. You two get in. You buckle yourself as he does the same and then drives off. You look out the window for a while. You then turn towards him.

     'Why does Jessica hate me?' You telepathically ask him. He shakes his head.

     "She doesn't hate you. She just has trouble trusting new people. She gets on to me about trusting people so easily. She says that it's going to get us all killed one day," he says, his head still focused on the road. You nod as you then go back to looking out the window.

     You thought about it and you would probably be the same way. Some stranger walks into your home and can do all kinds of magic. They say that your child is in danger because of a 'demon clown' and that they can save your child with their magic. You probably wouldn't trust the stanger with your child either. Your surprised she didn't try to throw you out of the house while you were sleeping.