Chapter 2: Thoughts

Taytum sighed as he thought about her. 'Ya know... We never got that dance...' He thought.

"Yeah, it was canceled because so many were injured. Besides, the headmaster had to explain the deaths to the students' families." Storm said.

Taytum sighed again. Now, his mind was on nothing else except Katarah. He could still remember the way she said her words quickly when she accepted his confession.

He was still happy and bubbly from that but at the same time sad that his little sister, from another mister, died. His eyes were getting droopy from staying up all night.

He's been planning Katarah and his' 2nd date. The first one wasn't too bad. But he still wasn't satisfied. He wanted it to be better. (And a little cliche)

He decided to go to bed after yawning for the 100th time. He trudged upstairs since before he was sitting on the couch watching the snowflakes lightly fall outside.

He flopped onto his silky bed and slowly closed his eyes. His gray eyes snap open after a few minutes.

He grinned, getting the perfect idea for their 2nd date. He closed his eyes again, that grin still on his face.

Clemintine's pov:

I was talking to Nylah's mother on the phone. Telling her the news about what's going on and what happened to her daughter.

"She... Died...?" Her shocked voice said. I nodded, then realized she couldn't see me. "Yes... I'm sorry for your lost. The headmaster had agreed that you are able to visit her grave from time to time." I said.

I played with the end of my sweater, nervous about her reaction. I paced back and forth in my room, letting my fluffy socks sink into the carpet.

Her soft sniffles could be heard on the other line. "T-thank you for informing us..." She hung up. Probably to tell the others.

Her broken voice. It echoed in my head. I should've did something but I was too shocked to do anything. Now it's too late. Her family is broken. And it's all because of me.

"Don't say that! It's not your fault. The guilty one here should be that good-for-nothing Monster Academy headmaster." Frostwing's voice appeared. I nodded.

"I guess you're right." I muttered. But I still had this uneasy feeling. I couldn't explain what it is.

I threw my phone onto my bed and went downstairs. Katarah was somewhere, I don't know. She's always around doing stuff without me.

I flopped onto the couch and closed my eyes, resting my head on the back of the seat. 'What am I doing? I need to move on. Aiden...he sulks all day.'

'She's gone, she's not coming back! I got to tell Aiden that and get it through his thick head. At least Ryan is very supportive and tries his best to least move on.' I thought. I sighed.

Ever since this school started, everything is going bad! I don't want anymore deaths! I can't take anymore!

I realized a tear escaped from my eye and I wiped it away. "Stop thinking, try to get your mind off it." Frostwing said softly. I nodded and got up to go to the kitchen.

I grabbed a glass of water and made myself dinner. I made extra just in case Katarah wanted some.

I set everything down and started to munch on it. I went to grab my phone only to realize it was upstairs. I groaned. "I don't want to go up!"

I shook my head and started to eat more. After I finished I washed the dishes and sat on the couch. I snatched the T.V remote and turned it on.

I inserted the magical digits and my favorite T.V show popped up. I smiled a little bit.

I would've ate ice cream like a normal person would do, but I was allergic to dairy. I sat there for a few hours until I felt drowsy.

Next thing I know, my eyes close and I take the train to dreamland.