Chapter 1: Clementine *edited*

Heyyo fellow readers. This was my 2nd book that I've made so please excuse the mistakes and errors. I shall be editing it as well as rewriting it a bit. It made me cringe at how poorly this was written. But do enjoy anyways!

Byeeeeeeeee!!!!

"Clem, time to wake up." I heard a soft voice talk to me. I groan, I don't want to get up. "Come on today's your birthday and you need to get on the bus!!"

I groan louder and put the pillow on my head. 'Why? Why is my birthday today?' I thought. I sighed and got out of bed then stretched my arms and legs.

"Happy birthday!" My mom said with excitement and a bit of sadness. "Mom don't act happy. I'm not happy either." I said.

"But this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! You know you can't get back in once you refuse!" She said, her excitement fading away.

"We've already had this talk, just go and get ready." She said tears starting to form in her eyes."Fine."

Now let me explain about this. There are certain types of people that live in this world. Those certain types get shipped off to dragon academy once they're 16.

20 out of 100 people will be chosen to join each year. To be specific, every January.

Fun as it sounds the dragons aren't tamed. The students tame them. Each student gets their own dragon. The dragon may be calm but it's soul isn't.

Some dragons come with guardians. Some are spirits of an element and some have evil spirits.

Many times students have failed and they and their dragons get executed before destruction comes.

I looked at the clock and sighed, I leave in an hour or so. I started packing. "Clem, I'm happy. Don't ever tell me not to be." She sniffled.

She's really emotional so I have to take it easy on her. I walked to my closet and got dressed. My mom left some cake by my bedside table.

I ate the cake while getting ready. I wore a nice flower dress that was red and a white vest over it. I put on a pair of black flats and a silver necklace that was shaped like a horse.

I put all my belongings in the suitcase and put some mascara on. "Hats, dresses, shirts, jeans, boots, and pjs. Etcetera. Ok I'm ready." I mumbled to myself as I check my suitcase.

I sighed and touched my forehead. This is going to be stressful. My clock started ringing. I pressed on the button to turn it off as a bus pulled up on the curb.

My mom didn't wave goodbye and fought back tears that were threatening to fall down.

I found a seat in the back and watched helplessly as my mom crouched and cried, hard.

~time skip to a few minutes later~

Suddenly, a guy walked up to me. "I'm Taytum. You are....?" I stared at him.

I knew this would of happened, it's one of THESE guys again. "Hi, I'm Clementine." Taytum shot a dazzling smile at I couldn't help but stare at him.

"So, are you pumped?" He said. Gosh, he's so tall. "About what?" I said with a confused face.

He chuckled at me, "About Dragon Academy!" He threw his hands in the air. He smiled again.

I laughed. "No, apparently you are. I don't get why you're going to thrown in a cage with a wild dragon only which you can tame."

"20 out of 100 students get in. But only 1 out of 20 students tame their dragons successfully then the rest get executed." Now this time I smiled.

Taytum stopped smiling then sat down. His friends started laughing and pointing at him. The bus squeaked to a stop at another house. I don't know if it's the last one.

A girl with beach blond hair and light blue eyes walked toward the bus. She wore some white shorts with a shirt that said "be free", a pair of flats, and a orca tail necklace.

I looked at the bus. Barely any girls. I slumped down in my seat and sighed. The girl came in terrified, and walked slowly down the row of taken seats.

I noticed that Taytum was starting to get up. But before he did I got to her first. "Try to avoid him, he has a death wish." I advised.

"Thanks, I'm Katarah by the way." She took out her hand for me to shake.

"I'm Clementine. It's good to meet someone so nice on my first year." I shook her hand. "Yeah I know." She said.

"You know, it's scary knowing that only 1 out of 20 actually tame their dragon. Then the rest get executed."

She looked at me horrified. "I didn't know that! Your very specific on these things... and smart to know something before you even get to the place."

I was very pleased by the compliment. "It was on the school's front page on the website."

"We have a very slim chance of that. I mean, 1 out of 20 usually tame their dragon! They just dump us in the cage and watch as we almost get eaten by the beast!" I threw my hands up in the air.

Katarah nodded. "I'm just scared that I'm not going to get in, tame the dragon and that I'm going to be executed. I saw that there was an amazing beach there and I want to stay there!"

I whimpered. "Me too. I heard there was a horse ranch. I'm very obsessed with horses and if I can't stay. I will cry!" I looked down at my lap.

Taytum came up to us. "Sometimes the daughter of the headmaster convinces him to just let you go instead of dying. She's a really nice person or that's what I heard. So it's not that bad."

Katarah and I stared blankly at him. Then the bus came to a stop again and another girl came into the bus.

Yes! Another girl. Katarah most likely had the same thought.

A/n: this chapter and the next one was made by my friend Eryn.

She asked me to put this on wattpad so here it is!The rest of the story is mine so yep!

Pls vote, comment, and follow!

Can't wait for the next chapter and I'll see you later! Byeeeeee!!!!