Chapter 9: Never Again

Aiden's pov:

'It couldn't be her. She's dead for goodness sake!' I thought as I looked at her contact on my phone.

She's dead.

Gone.

Erased from existence.

There is no way she answered my call. It must have been someone portraying as her. It must be a prank!

I sigh and erase her contact with slight hesitance. Right when I was about to press confirm, a small voice perked up.

But what if it was real? What if she really was alive by magic? This is a fantasy world. Anything can happen, Aiden. Have faith-

And what? Pixie dust? C'mon man, your dreaming. Your in denial! Sure this is a fantasy world full of magic, dragons, myths, and maybe even flying pandas! But there is no way someone that died - in front of us, may I remind you - can be alive.

The two voices argued in my head giving me a headache.

"OI! WHAT IS WITH THIS NOISE?!!" My dragon roared. It made me wince at the volume.

'Naruka...' I thought. He hasn't spoke for awhile. He hid himself in the darkest corner of my mind. I guess he was hibernating.

"Bro. Dude. Aiden. Lemme get this straight, 'aight? Nylah is ALIVE. In the flesh. No doubt about it."

'H-how...?'

"How? Ha! Dude, you're living in a magical world. Second lives are possible. Plus, Artemis is present. She's faint, but there. Besides, this has happened before." Naruka hissed.

'What? How? Why-' I was confused. This was all new to me.

"Let me explain this in the shortest way possible. I live for a long time. Only way to get rid of me is if I want to leave. And that won't happen anytime soon, bro. I've had many previous humans in my life. But they all DIED. You won't die anytime soon - not on my watch."

I thought of the possibilities and with this new information I am sure that I won't be sleeping tonight.

"Nylah's on her second life." I perked up at this.

'What?' I trailed off.

"Second life man. Everyone has it. Their memories of the year is erased. They slowly gain it back with help and determination."

'What about Artemis-'

"She's gone for now. Faint in her mind. Once Nylah remembers that she had a dragon then that's when Artemis will gain the ability to reveal herself. That's the last memory she should get. Everytime she gains a memory of the year, Artemis gets the strength to come back little by little."

'Oh...'

I opened the door to the hallway for the first time in weeks. A bathroom was attached to my bedroom so I had no problems with that and I always find food anywhere. How I got it? It's a secret.

I walked downstairs to see the guys talking quietly, serious looks on their faces and they muttered something. I stepped on a creaky board which startled them. They both snap their heads towards me and sighs of relief fill the air.

"You're out of your room for once!" Taytum grinned and cheered. Ryan softly smiled and laughed at Taytum's weirdness.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask as I open the fridge for a can of soda.

"...Nylah's back..." Ryan said suddenly. Taytum was now silent and I could feel their stares on my back.

"I know." I said then took a huge gulp of my soda. They both looked at me confused.

"Naruka." I simply said. They nodded and walked out of the kitchen. Taytum put on Halo and got the console ready for us.

"I'll order pizza!" Ryan called out.

"I'll get the drinks." I said.

"Game is almost ready!" Taytum called out. I missed hanging out with the guys and everyone else. It's just that depression got the best of me. But I guess I still have hope.

I will hopefully never let it go again. I won't let it slip through my grasp.

I won't let Nylah be hurt by me.

Nope, not again.

Never again...

----

As Ryan waited for the pizza place to answer, a sudden beat filled him. He started to tap his foot to the radio inside his head. That's when he bust out his moves. He started to dance while singing Bad Romance, by Lady Gaga but with a Skrillex remix.

"I want your love and I want your revenge. You and me could have a bad romance~" Ryan belted out. The pizza place answered finally and almost dropped the phone when they heard...

"CAUGHT IN A BAD ROMANCE! WANT YOUR BAD ROMANCE~"

And...

"RYAN SHUT YOUR FACE AND ANSWER THE POOR MAN LISTENING TO YOUR FANBOY MOMENT!"