[38] I'm sorry

I don't have you here with me
But at least I have the memory

|
|
|

There was an idea.

To bring together a group of remarkable people.

   To see if we could become... something more.

So when they needed us.

We could fight the battles, that they never could.

I had faith and hope, but both are such dangerous things, because it hurts so much holding onto it, and it hurts even more letting it go.

We talked about it, didn't we? We were going to become heroes, to protect those we love. But it was childish and deluded to even think we could do such things, because not all stories have happy endings.

Not even this one.

Thanos let go of me and I fell to the ground, groaned in pain and I had tears in both my eyes. I crawled my way to Tony, stood next to him, looking up to the guy.

He knew I told the truth, but it wouldn't change anything today, I couldn't change anything at all today.

"I hope they remember you." Thanos said one more time, raised his fist towards Tony.

"No..." I tried to beg for him to stop, but I coughed up blood.

   "Stop." Said Doctor Strange.

   I looked up to him, shaking my head, Tony needed to be alive but so do the others, there must be a way to fix this, but we ran out of time.

   "Spare his life and I will give you the stone."

   "No tricks." Thanos said.

   Doctor Strange shook his head.

   "Don't." Tony Stark begged, I reached out to held his hand, to made sure he wasn't alone, and so I won't be so scared.

   Doctor raised his hand up, behind him was a starry sky, he grabbed one of the stars and it was glowing green.

   He handed over to Thanos, and I wished I could stand up again to take it back, but my feet and arm were broken, and all my body was numb by the pain.

   He got the time stone, put them onto the glove. He felt it through his vein as he closed his eyes, then he smiled, as I lost all my hope, he smiled.

   "Take me with him." I said out, tears dripped down my chin.

   "With him?" Thanos repeated.

   "Death. Another dimension. New beginnings... or just nothing. Kill me off with him... please." I begged Thanos.

   He smirked softly, bent upon his knees, looked at me, as if love was such nonsense and I was blind to believe in it.

   "Guess we'll find out." He said, then stood up.

   "One to go." Something blasted to his glove, Peter quill came running, with all that he had, but Thanos just simply tightened his fist and escaped.