Chapter 11

Ryan's POV
Brendon was clinging onto me like I was his last hope. I didn't mind though, it was cozy. The heat from his body on mine was something I could get used to.

The affection he gave me felt good in that weird way and a part of me liked it strongly while another part of me was terrified and wanted to never feel it again.

One of Brendon's arms was behind my shoulder as his other arm was wrapped around my waist so that his fingers could grab the fabric of my shirt on my side. I'm not sure why he did that, but I'm not complaining. His legs were wrapped around my leg in a needy way.

I had my arm wrapped around his waist in a protective manner and my other hand in his messy hair.

He looked up at me with his sparkling eyes and rested his lips on my collarbones. He closed his eyes and his breaths had never tickled me more, but once again, I didn't mind.

I've basically only known Brendon for two days. This was all so weird. Was it really hatred we felt? At least I'd like to think it is.

Then it hit me.

Why did I have the one boy I dislike extra much in my arms? Why was he stuck to my body like glue?

I can't get comfortable around him. I'm supposed to just annoy him because I don't like him. I never did and never will.

I looked at the boy's peaceful face. What would happen if I just got him off of me and left?

So many questions. Too little actions.

If I got too close to him and actually started liking him I'd no longer be independent and I'd get to attached to him but then he'd leave me with a broken heart. I have to make sure that doesn't happen.

Everything's temporary, isn't it? So why risk my life on one boy?

I shuffled to the side until I could sit up. It seemed like Brendon was already sleeping. I sighed and grabbed the edge of his cover to pull it on top of him so that he wouldn't be cold considering how cold Pete wants the room. He's always put the air conditioner on the coolest.

I then went looking for his phone and hoped he didn't have a password. Luckily he didn't. I found myself looking for his number and adding it to my phone.

Why?

I swallowed hard as I left Brendon's room. My mouth was dry without reason. When I entered my dorm it was 6:30pm. Spencer and Patrick were probably still at the cafeteria. I changed into my own clothes, just a pair of black sweatpants and a plain grey shirt. They were way more comfortable than the school uniform.

I decided to grab my phone and text Brendon.

6:37pm
Ryan: Ditching all classes first day of school, huh?

6:39pm
Brendon: Who are you?

6:40pm
Ryan: Someone who likes to annoy you.

6:41pm
Brendon: Oh, tall-legs.

6:41pm
Ryan: Oh, forehead.

6:46pm
Brendon: To answer your first text, it's okay if I get in trouble, at least I got to spend the day annoying you.

6:48pm
Ryan: Right. You clinging onto me was pretty annoying.

6:48pm
Brendon: I wasn't clinging!

6:49pm
Ryan: You so were.

6:49pm
Brendon: You wish.

6:49pm
Ryan: You wish.

6:55pm
Brendon: Why did you leave?

6:57pm
Ryan: To annoy you.

6:57pm
Brendon: Why?

6:57pm
Ryan: Because I don't like you.

7:03pm
Brendon: Open your door.

7:04pm
Ryan: You're not there, are you?

7:04pm
Brendon. Only one way to find out.

I got out of my bed and opened the door. I looked in front of me, nothing. I looked to my right and to my left, nothing. I chuckled. What if he just trolled me? Then I looked down and saw a note.

I don't like you either, tall-legs.

That's what the note said. I chuckled. So that's why he didn't respond in such a long time. He wasted his time writing a note and putting it outside my door.

I bent down to grab the note and then put it on my nightstand. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because it'd annoy me so much I'd always want to annoy Brendon.

If he insisted on calling me tall-legs I'll insist on calling him forehead. I changed his name to forehead on my phone.

"Hey babyboy, I got you an apple." Spencer said as he stormed into our dorm. I put down my phone.

"Thanks, babygirl." I smiled as my stomach made that weird noise because of hunger.

He handed me the apple and I ate it all within a minute.

"I almost got caught trying to smuggle that apple out of the cafeteria." Spencer pouted.

"Luckily you didn't get caught though. You spent a lot of time there today, did I miss something?" I asked out of curiousity. He'd been there for over an hour.

"Not much, I just got stuck talking to Jon." Spencer smiled innocently as he undressed and put on some comfy clothes.

"He totally likes you." I giggled.

"I don't think so." Spencer sighed.

"Oh come on, he'd leave if he didn't wanna talk to you."

"Yeah but maybe he just wants to be friends. At least it's better than enemies." Spencer observed. I laughed at that. I'd rather be enemies with Brendon than friends. In that case enemies are better. The thought of me and Brendon being friends was ridiculous. We'd have so much more fun and be happy an-

What am I thinking?