Chapter 13

Ryan's POV
My cheeks flushed red as we finally got my hair out of Brendon's belt. This was by far the most embarrassing thing that's happened in years. Spencer still didn't believe our explanation but there's nothing we could do about it. Once Spencer's set his mind about something he's not changing his mind.

"Have fun you two. Goodnight." Spencer winked and went to bed again.

"I've never seen you so embarrassed before." Brendon reached up and whispered in my ear.

"I've never been so embarrassed before." I whispered back in Brendon's ear.

"And you've barely known me for three days." Brendon licked his lips.

"You're so annoying." I bit my bottom lip.

"You're so annoying." He repeated.

"Stop repeating me forehead." I growled and took a step back. I think I like being close to him too much.

"We're sneaking out." Brendon said after a moment of silence.

"Where?" I asked, already in.

"Out. Is there some town close by?" Brendon smiled.

"Yeah, only a couple of kilometres away from here." I replied after thinking. The whole school had gone there once.

"Let's go then." Brendon said and stepped closer to me. He scanned my upper body and parted his lips.

"But maybe you need to put on a shirt first." He breathed and raised his hand in the same level as my chest to trace my skin. It was like he wrote invisible letters. I can't say I didn't like his touch. His skin on mine had never felt so perfect before.

"Yeah" I mumbled but didn't move. I stared into his beautiful eyes again. He was staring right back. I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him closer until our bodies were pressed together. It wasn't the first time but I liked it more than ever in this moment.

That weird feeling was constantly there now.

I pulled away, terrified of getting too attached to him and being that close to him without fighting is a bad start. I went to my drawer and pulled out a Blink- 182 shirt to put on.

"Okay, we have to be careful. The main entrance is probably locked so how about we go out through a window? And by the way, you can't open the windows in the dorms." I hesitated. Brendon nodded.

"And how do we get passed miss Jackson?" Brendon asked, trying to think of a solution.

"She basically just patrols every hallway so when she's as far away as possible we can go." I explained.

I went to the door and put my ear against it to listen carefully if miss Jackson was close or not. She was walking further away, judging by the fading sound of her footsteps.

"Let's go." I whispered and grabbed Brendon's wrist, motioning for him to follow me. We tiptoed out the room and stopped whenever we thought we heard someone coming. As we were pretty close to the window next to the main entrance we'd probably already exchanged excited looks ten times.

My heart was pounding and my palms were sweaty. My mouth was once again dry and I caught myself shaking.

I quietly walked over to the window as Brendon grabbed his phone and put the flashlight on to make it easier for me to see where I was supposed to open the window. We had to hurry. It made pretty loud noises to open the window, so someone could come here anytime now. After a minute I managed to figure out how to open it. I opened it just enough for me and Brendon to fit in and get out.

"Ladies first." I smirked and gestured for Brendon to go first.

"Oh please, everyone knows you're the lady here." Brendon raised his eyebrows as he jumped out the window. Luckily it was only a two metre fall. If you fell in the wrong position you could get hurt, but we were prepared. We both landed on grass and smiled happily. We just escaped 'prison'.

We tried to be quiet as we walked across the gravel. It made a lot of noises. As we got to the soft grass we could finally calm down. If someone had noticed us we'd most likely already be at the principal's office already. Brendon and I exchanged relieved looks.

Now all we had to do was follow this road into the tiny forest and when it leads us out to the main road all we have to do is follow it to the right and we'll get to the town. I'm not sure what we're going to do there but I have my ideas.

"This is insane." Brendon chuckled. It was cold enough for his breaths to turn into clouds in front of him. As they faded away new ones kept coming.

"I know. Isn't that why we're doing it?" I said in a quite shaky voice since I was shivering. It was a hot summer, yet the night was cool.

"I guess. You know the reason I ended up here was because I, believe it or not, kept doing severe pranks and I was basically really rebellious which my parents hate. Any parent hates it." He looked at his feet. Now that answers my question from earlier. I'd been wondering why he was here.

"I get the rebellious part. I mean, it's not like it's gone or something." I laughed lightly and gently pushed him aside in a playful manner.

"Congratulations, you were right for the very first time in your life!" Brendon clapped his hands.

"Like you're always right." I muttered under my breath.

"You know we've already broken most rules, right? And we've known each other for what," Brendon started, "Three days." I finished his sentance and chuckled.

"We make a great team as partners in breaking-rules." He shook his head.

"Isn't it usually called 'partners in crime'?"

"Yeah, but we're not exactly criminals, now are we smartypants?" Brendon raised his eyebrows.

"Asshole." I said in return.

"Assfuck." He replied quickly. Insulting each other now, are we?

"Shittyface." I tried my best. It didn't work very well.

"But I have a great face." Brendon joked. I hummed quietly and blushed. Luckily it was dark as hell so he couldn't see my tomato red face. But in the least romantic way, it was actually true.

He was a good looking guy.

-

What happened to Ryan and his "fuck the world" and "I hate Brendon" attitude?

Oh fUck

As I typed that Cape town started playing. The song's beautiful but it hurts to listen to. I mean like, "I lost my soul in Cape town" and "I saw you, I met you, I loved you, I lost you in Cape town."

It's fucking true which makes it sad.