Chapter 35

Ryan's POV
I have to do something quickly. I have to move fast. Think cleaver. Brendon came to rescue me again and now he's on the ground, being strangled and bleeding, and here I am, screaming until my lungs burn. I've never screamed this loud. Watching my boyfriend gasp for air and use the last of his energy on removing Dallon's hands from his neck is the worst sight I've seen so far. His jaw won't stop dripping blood which makes it look even more horror alike.

"Get the fuck off him!" I managed and I think I wouldn't be able to do this without the adrenaline getting pumped into my veins, I ran towards Dallon and threw myself onto him. I was just hoping I was heavy enough to get him to the ground.

Luckily I was heavy enough. I've always been too skinny, but at least I'm tall. I smashed my head on Dallon's tummy when he fell which would've been a lot softer if he didn't tense his muscles.

A part of me wanted the guy to die, another part of me wanted him to just suffer.

I'm not a murdered, but I sure as hell won't tolerate anyone hurting Brendon.

I hurried to stand back up and heard Brendon panting like he'd just ran a marathon, and reached out my hand to help him get back on his feet again. We were gonna get out of here as soon as possible.

I glanced at Dallon, he groaned as he tried to stand up.

"Brendon, come on, we have to hurry." I squeaked. All he did was nod. He had to recover, I get that. "Hey, get on my back." I added and motioned for him to get on my back. He nodded again and the second he got on my back I made sure he sat steadily and then I started running. Well, walking as fast as I could. Brendon had a lot of muscle so he was kinda heavy.

To not trip on any rocks was my biggest problem in the moment as I realised Dallon wasn't anywhere near us now. We got back on the field, but instead of going back to class I brought him to the nurse. I had to make sure he was gonna be okay. After all he does everything to make sure I'm okay.

"What happened?" The nurse with blonde wavy hair asked concerned, furrowing her eyebrows as she saw Brendon on my back.

"He got in a fight." I swallowed.

"Get him here." She said calmly and pointed to the bed by the white wall. I put him there and his neck was now bruised, but his jaw had stopped bleeding. Dried semi red-brown blood covered his shirt and it was smudged all over his hands. I closed my eyes and sighed as the nurse had a conversation with Brendon. Well, it was more a one-sided conversation with two people. If I didn't go with Dallon he'd be okay.

Fucking Dallon. Fucking asshole. Fucking fuck up. Fucking horny dickhead.

"Ryan, right?" The nurse said. I read her sign by her chest, it said Lisa. I nodded, wondering why my name mattered. Probably didn't.

"He's gonna be okay. He just needs to rest. Look after him though, his throat is sore and the wound on his jaw isn't that deep, but it hit a vein and that's why it bled so much." Lisa informed.

"Alright." I mumbled and looked at Brendon. Good for Dallon. If it was worse I'd fuck him up.

"I'm gonna inform the principal about this and make sure Brendon and you won't have to go to class for the rest of the day. I'm only letting you skip class today so that you can take care of him, okay? Nothing else." She said sternly and I nodded again, still looking at Brendon, not moving my eyes. He was now looking back at me with watering eyes.

I started making my way back to Brendon's dorm, knowing he'll follow. I was right. I heard his quick but soft footsteps behind me and when we arrived to the door, I immediately smelled his scent, it was mixed with sweat and blood, but it was still there. Him. Him.

"You know, it looks like someone gave you a fucking huge hickey." I snorted as I opened the door.

"People are gonna think it was you." Brendon croaked, putting a hand on his neck by reflex. I'm guessing it hurts to talk. We made our way inside and I sat on his bed.

"Really? And why's that?" I raised my eyebrows, hiding a smirk.

"You-you're clinging onto me all the time. Duh." He laughed quietly. Even if the pain is probably horrible he still tries to talk to me.

"No, no, no. You're the one clinging onto me." I shook my head.

"You sure about that?" He smiled and moved to sit in my lap. How ironic. His warmth brought a smile to my lips and I'm gonna be honest, the weight of his legs was sorta crushing my own legs, but it was worth it.

I'd take a bullet for Brendon. But there's no way I'd actually admit that.

Instead of saying anything in reply, I brought my hand to his chin and lifted it until it was in the same height as my lips and I leaned in to peck his welcoming lips.

Brendon pulled away to whisper, "And you're the only one I'd let give me a hickey."

"That's probably the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me." I grinned, rolling my eyes.

"Probably? It is the most romantic thing." Brendon pouted.

"And how do you know?"

"Because no one's ever lo-" Brendon started but cut himself off, clearing his throat and then continuing, "liked you as much as I do."

"So basically you're telling me everyone hates me?" I stuck my tongue out.

"Totally, because I hate you." Brendon rolled his eyes.

"I hate you too." I smiled like a fool as Brendon kissed my lips gently. "You know, I think I hate you the least." I bit my lower lip.

"Woah, thank you, that's so sweet." Brendon facepalmed. I just smiled against his lips and pulled his side closer to my chest.

"So is your throat better already?" I asked.

"It seems so. You always make me better, Ryan." Brendon said.

"Stop being adorable." I rolled my eyes and laughed. I always thought all that 'awh cutie' talk in a relationship was pathetic, but it's actually kinda nice, as long as it doesn't get too emotional.

Emotions and me? Nah.

Brendon and me, though? Yes.

-

I don't know what to say other than that I haven't been writing in awhile but I started again and it's so fun. But I'm tired. So I'm probably gonna go to sleep soon.

What do you think is gonna happen next?