Chapter 38

Brendon's POV
Two hours had passed. Two hours since I told Ryan I love him. Two hours since the beginning of the end started. Although the clock had only gone two turns it felt like it'd gone a thousand. Mr. Dawson had this really huge vintage clock in his room. No wonder since this was a really old mansion in victorian style. And the tick-tock' noise it was making wasn't reducing any stress either.

It's so unfair, whenever something good or fun happens one hour feels like one second and whenever something bad or boring happens one second feels like one hour.

I was forced to leave the guy who has my heart behind. We'd tried everything to make one of us go with the other so we could stick together. But apparently that was the exact thing they didn't want us to do. They wanted to tear us apart and they had enough power to do so. Physically at least.

"No he- yes, yes. That works for me. No problem. Bye." The principal said. He was on the phone with my dad, informing him that I was breaking rules and was being expelled, the main reason being that I dated a guy. This is one fucked up school. Normally if you break some rules you get detention quite often, at worst suspension. And if you date someone it's fine. But here? Don't even get me started.

A sin, that's what they call it. A lesson, that's what they said came out of it.
A relationship, that's what I call it. A tragedy, that's what I said came out of it.

"Your father will be here as soon as possible." Mr. Dawson said as he sat down on his desk chair in front of us again. Ryan and I haven't moved an inch. Our eyes occasionally met, giving each other apologetic looks. His eyes were shining and I don't think it's because of happiness this time.

We don't dare to speak. We don't know what's going to happen. We don't know anything. We're confused, frustrated, angry, sad.

At least I am.

I couldn't even make it 9 days at this place. All because of Ryan. But it's because of Ryan I even made it one day.

He stole my heart quicker than one can blink and I let him. It's the second best decision I've ever made, the first one being when I said 'yes' to being Ryan's boyfriend.

He may not be the greatest at expressing his feelings and it may or may not frustrate me, but I'm learning and I hope that process will never end. Unfortunately this might be the last time I'm seeing him. I won't ever go back here, not as long Dawson is still the principal.

"What's gonna happen?" I whispered, looking at my hands in my lap. I was ashamed of myself yet I had no reason to be.

"You're gonna go back home and continue your miserable life there. Ryan's staying here." The principal smiled satisfied.

"Fuck you." I spat quietly. I was so angry. How could he do this to us? How could he speak to me like that without feeling any kind of shame or guilt? Ryan's eyes widened as my words reached his ears. He looked at me, carefully moving his hand to my shaking hand. He put it on top of mine and let it rest there. It sent a soothing feeling through my body, but it wasn't enough to stop my anger.

"What was that?" He growled.

"I said, fuck you." I scoffed loudly, now having a firm grip of Ryan's hand. I didn't ever wanna let him go.

"How dare you speak to me like that!" Mr. Dawson raised his voice and stood up within a second. His char flew backwards and fell onto the wooden floor. It made a loud noise.

"I'm being expelled anyway. I'm already losing the love of my life. You can't hurt me." I said quietly, trying to hold back the tears.

I love Ryan. I know it's not mutual. But right now he's mine and that's already more than I could ever ask for.

"That's it! Ryan, go back to your dorm and go to sleep. Brendon, you're staying in my room until your dad arrives." Mr. Dawson ordered and held the door open for Ryan. A flash of fear crossed Ryan's face and he paniced. His eyes were glassy and swollen. I'd never seen him trying to suppress so much pain before.

That's when I came to my senses and realised what the man by the door had just said. He's gonna seperate us right now. He's not waiting until my dad arrives. This is goodbye.

"Ryan..." I managed, my voice cracking in the middle and my eyes welling with tears.

"Brendon..." Ryan whispered as the principal grabbed his arms and pulled him up from the chair. I stood up immediately, trying to remove the man's hands from my boyfriend.

"Don't go!" I screamed. When I realised I couldn't remove the principal's hands I grabbed Ryan's hand, trying to pull him back towards me. Frustration filled my body. I pulled his hand towards me as much as I could, yet he seemed to just get further and further away.

My fingertips touched his fingertips for the last time. His touch, the touch that would always calm me down and put a smile on my face. But now it was gone. His touch was gone.

His touch