Chapter 29

Ryan's POV
The heartbreaking view in front of me brought tears to my eyes. What did he do?! Is he okay?

"Ryan, go back to your seat, please." Tay ordered but I didn't listen. Instead I pulled the hurting boy into my arms and held him as close to me as possible, like this was the last time I'd see him. His sweet scent was mixed with alcohol. Fuck. So that's what he did. He drank. Where did he get the alcohol though? But that's not what mattered the most right now.

What mattered the most was to make sure he'd be okay.

"I'm here Bren." I whispered reassuringly and rubbed his back soothingly as he softly cried onto my shoulder. Tay gave up on trying to make me go back to my seat.

He seemed so broken. I tightened my grip around him like if I didn't he'd fall apart.

"Brendon, are you okay?" Tay asked.

"What does it look like?" Someone from the front row said.

This must've been the most exciting maths class by far for everyone, except for those who care about the boy in my arms. Everyone were silent although you could hear whispers every now and again. Apart from that all you could hear was Brendon's sobs. I decided to get him out of here.

He didn't need all those eyes staring at him in amusement when he was at his worst. I pulled away from the hug and grabbed his hand, making my way out of the classroom. Tay didn't seem to mind much. Of course she was worried but probably thought it'd be better if we were alone.

Luckily it was empty everywhere, so I took Brendon to the stairs and we sat down on the first step. He had calmed down now.

"What happened?" I asked in a soft voice. I instantly regret asking that when he started hysterically crying again.

"It's okay, shh. Everything's gonna be okay, yeah?" I tried to smile but it was difficult considering the boy I like was breaking down next to me.

"Yeah." He squeaked out and rested his head on my shoulder. His breathing was finally regular again so I decided to speak up.

"Would you like to tell me what happened?" I asked, hoping this would be a better thing to ask.

"N-not really." He stuttered and looked at his hands.

"It's okay, I understand." I said and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. It disappointed me that he didn't trust me enough to tell me but I didn't want to push it.

If he wanted to talk about it he'd come to me when he's ready.

We sat there in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes before Brendon decided to say something, "we should get to class."

"Yeah. You wanna change into your uniform first?" I said quietly.

"No, I'd rather wear this even if it'll get me in trouble. School uniforms are pathetic." Brendon sniffled.

"You're right." I laughed and looked adoringly at him. "You know what? Let me change into something better than this too." I said and pointed to my uniform. He wasn't gonna be alone in this. School uniforms suck. You should be allowed to wear whatever you want to.

"Really?" He chuckled, his voice more clear now.

"Yeah, come on." I said and got up. We made our way to my dorm and I grabbed a white button up shirt, a light pink scarf, a grey blazer and grey pants with stripes. I changed in the bathroom. I put on some eyeliner too just cause I could.

"Beautiful as always." Brendon mumbled with a smile on his face as I got out. I smiled back at him.

Maths ended five minutes ago and we both had english now. We hurried to miss Jackson's classroom so we wouldn't get detention- well, we probably will get it anyway so it didn't really matter.