Chapter 17

Ryan's POV
I'd grabbed Brendon's hand hesitantly. I hadn't said a word to him without talking to Pete and Gerard as well since we woke up.

And I can't remember much from yesterday but I sure as hell remember how Brendon saved me from that asshole and took care of me. I wanted to show him how grateful I was somehow, but I'm no good with words. So I decided to show him in actions instead.

I was just hoping he wouldn't pull away and think I was weird. Luckily he squeezed my hand gently which immediately calmed my nerves.

As soon as a teacher saw us we'd have to pull away though.

"Brendon, Ryan, prinicpal's office." Mr. Fowler said in a soft voice. Mr. Fowler teached in P.E and was pretty nice, but was probably ordered to call us to the office.

Me and Brendon exchanged worried looks but didn't let go of each other's hands.

"Have fun you guys. See you in class I hope." Pete chuckled before we left and knocked on mr. Dawson's door.

"Come in, boys." He said.

"What's up?" Brendon said as we sat down on the two chairs in front of his desk.

"I heard you skipped class yesterday,," He started. I dryly swallowed. "Every class, actually. That'll be detention after school." He said. And that was all.

"Oh okay." I exhaled.

"Why did you skip? I believe it was you two miss Jackson brought to my office yesterday. Unfortunately I was too busy to deal with it though." He said harshly.

"We slept." Brendon said with a blank expression on his face. Suddenly the blood in my face rushed down to my feet and my eyes widened.

"We d-did not!" I stuttered.

"Brendon, is this true?" The principal asked dryly and rolled his eyes at us.

"Yeah, we were just sleeping." Brendon furrowed his eyebrows. All the blood returned to my face.

"Brendon, you do realise it first sounded like we fucked." I chuckled.

"Oh shit!" He burst out into laughter and a dark red colour creeped onto his cheeks.

"What's going on? I'm confused." Mr. Dawson said.

"When we skipped class we fell asleep." I explained.

"Alright. Off to class now. Don't be late for detention. It's in miss Jackson's classroom." He grumbled.

Me and Brendon left the office in relief. It could've gone way worse.

"Why does everything we do get mistaken as something sexual?" I facepalmed as we walked upstairs.

"Don't ask me." Brendon looked away in embarrassment.
"What class do you have now?" He asked to change the subject.

"Art." I said shortly.

"Well, me too." He grinned.

When we reached the art classroom we stormed in without knocking. The teacher, mr. Merrick, glared at us. I just shrugged it off.

"And why are you two late?" He raised his eyebrows.

"We were at the principal's office." Brendon said. I just realised this is his very first lesson at this school.

"Ah. Take a seat in the back, you two." His voice softened and he pointed at the only two free seats in the back of the room.

I didn't like sitting in the front, so I was glad we were in the back. I sat at the left side and Brendon on the right.

"You're supposed to make a portrait of the person next to you." Mr. Merrick explained.

"You start." Brendon chuckled.

"I suck at this." I mumbled but grabbed a piece of paper and pen.

-

It was now lunch break and I knew that Brendon had science before lunch, so I rushed over to the science classroom and waited for him outside the door. The door opened and people messily made their way out. It was loud. I then saw a very familiar face, Brendon. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him aside.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He grinned.

"Let's go get lunch." I said noncholantly.

"That's all?" He said surprised. I nodded.

As we got to the cafeteria Pete, Patrick, Gerard, Frank and Alex were already by our usual table. I grabbed a plate and three meatballs along with some ketchup. Or, a lot of ketchup. I wasn't really hungry.

Brendon just got some vegetables. We sat next to each other again.

"If you eat all of that with your bare hands I'll give you one dollar." Brendon snorted.

"Seriously?" I laughed.

"Yeah. It'd be a fun view." He smirked.

"Alright. But only if you give me that dollar now." I said and he did as I wished. I put it in my pocket before anyone saw. We weren't allowed to have money at this school.

"Guys, Ryan's gonna eat with his bare hands!" Brendon tried to get everyone's attention by the table. He didn't have to though since they'd all heard our conversation anyway.

"Gross." Alex scrunched up his nose but grinned.

"Don't forget that ketchup." Gerard laughed.

"Don't make this such a big deal." I blushed and grabbed a meatball. I dipped it in the ketchup and took a bite. My fingers were already covered in ketchup. Great. When I was on my second meatball Brendon took out his phone and quickly snapped a photo. The idiot I am smiled embarrassed at Brendon and his phone.

"What are you gonna use that for?" I pouted.

"You'll see. I promise." He said. I rolled my eyes at him.

And as he promised, he shoved his phone right in front of my eyes. I grabbed it and looked at the screen. I mentally facepalmed at his new wallpaper. It was me. Fingers drenched in ketchup. Those cringey curves on my lips. Tired eyes.

"Adorable." Brendon mumbled happily.

"I don't know what to say. Your new wallpaper is a masterpiece." I said sarcastically and wiped away fake tears.

"Oh, by the way, guys, we're having a mini party at our dorm after school. There'll be alcohol and pizza. You're all invited, including Spencer and Jon. I'll invite them after lunch, I have class with them then." Pete said.

"Cool. We'll be there right after school." Frank said.

"Yeah but,, how the hell did you get alcohol and pizza?" Patrick asked surprised.

"Me and Ryan snuck out last night and bought it." Brendon smiled innocently.

-

For you Molly <3