Chapter 5

Brendon's POV
"My name's actually George Ryan Ross III, but I prefer being called Ryan." The boy sitting in the shower said. I would never have guessed that. I wanted to get to know him. He seemed different.

"Okay, Ryan. Tell me more." I acknowledged.

"I like dogs too. Cats as well. When I leave this hell in hell I'm probably gonna get a cat. They're just so cute, you know? Have you seen their fluffy tiny paws?" Ryan rambled. He seemed to be in a better mood now than he was a minute ago. And I don't think Ryan has said so many words to me before. I haven't known him for long though.

"Yeah, and their noses!" I exclaimed and clapped my hands in excitement. I loved talking about animals.

"What do you do in your spare time?" Ryan asked noncholantly.

"I play a few instruments and I skateboard. Listening to music is of course the main thing though." I chuckled.

"Really? That's cool."

Was Ryan being nice? He was being nice! If it was just who he was or if he had to put some effort into it didn't matter. The point was he hopefully didn't completely hate me. Right? I'm probably wrong.

"What about you? What do you do in your spare time?" I asked happily.

"I play the guitar. Write songs and listen to music. And that's pretty much it." He shrugged.

"Guys, 7 minutes in the bathroom is over!" Pete yelled from outside the door. I stood up right after Ryan and we got out.

"It's Frank's turn." Patrick announced.

"Truth or dare Brendon?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to either slap or kiss everyone but me in this room." Frank laughed until he ran out of breath.

"Seriously?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, you decide who to slap and who to kiss." Frank pouted. Everyone groaned, including me.

What was this game even?

I didn't wanna hurt anyone so I pushed my lips against Pete's lips but pulled away before it'd even gone a second.

"Olal-" Patrick started but got cut off by me kissing him as well. At least that got him to shut up. Gerard snorted as usual. Then it was Gerard's turn and at last Ryan. I didn't kiss Ryan though. I'd rather slap him than kiss him.

So I highered my hand and slapped his cheek. It probably stung but all he did was roll his eyes. Everyone laughed their asses off.

"Poor Ryan." Pete said after recovering from laughing too hard.

"Ow?" Ryan had more sarcasm in his voice than the total amount of sarcasm I'd heard in my entire life.

He glared at me but clearly held back a grin.

The game continued until the clock was 5:50pm and Ryan and Patrick decided to go back to their dorm to get ready for dinner.

-
Ryan's POV
I'd like to ignore the fact that I got slapped today. But it's not fair. Everyone got a kiss except for me. Why? Why me?

"Dinner time!" Spencer shouted happily. If there's something Spencer loves it's food. Spencer had gotten back right after I'd straightened my hair and put on some eyeliner which I did when I got back from the game. Now I was jusg laying in bed. Patrick left a minute ago to go to the cafeteria.

"Spencerrr" I groaned and dragged out the 'r'. I sat up in my bed and looked at the brown haired boy who stood by the door.

"Yes babyboy?" He chuckled. I laughed at the nickname he'd called me for years. He knows I hate it and that's why he's being so stubborn about using it. Spencer's the one I've known the longest here and he's my best friend. We went to kindergarten together and kept getting sent to the same schools. What a coincidence we would both be sent to this boarding school for high school. It's weird, but I'm not complaining.

"I don't wanna go." I pouted.

"You're coming whether you want to or not. I'll drag you if I have to. Literally." He pouted back.

"Noo" I fake cried as he walked over to me and grabbed my wrists.

"Come here babyboy." He insisted. That stubborn asshole. He pulled me to the floor.

"If you love me let me go." I sighed unhappily.

"Lucky me I don't love you." He smirked. I looked at him with puppy eyes.

"I love you too babygirl." I snorted at my own words.

"Did you just call me babygirl?" He laughed.

"Yes." I grinned.

"Why thank you." He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, fine! I'll go." I finally gave in.

"I love you again babyboy, thank you for eating dinner with me." Spencer smiled widely.

"You make it sound like it's a date." I laughed.

"But it's a date, right?" He furrowed his eyebrows but his face screamed 'I'm just joking'

"Totally." I smiled and stood up. Around Spencer I was actually happy and wouldn't have to be so boring. He accepts me for who I am and brings out the best in me. Everyone would need a Spencer.

-

Ryan was the only one getting slapped. Smh he should feel special.

I'm just kidding.

Smh I suck.