Chapter 4

Thor had left for Asgard far sooner than I had expected. Loki was recovering from his many injuries, but slowly.

He was on his way, as I was kindly notified by Bruce, so I had enough time to go out and get some clothes for the god of mischief. I got a lot of green and black clothing (because that's all I knew that he liked), before heading back home.

He was dropped off at my house by six SHIELD agents a few hours later. I led Loki inside once he arrived and then to the spare bedroom down the hall. When I had offered to help him, he had cringed away from my hand, embarrassed enough that he needed any help at all, and too proud to accept it when it was offered.

He wasn't dressed in his usual armour, but instead had black pants and a faded, almost black, green shirt. When we reached the bedroom, he closed the door in my face and didn't talk at all.

I decided I would let him stay quiet for maybe a day and then it was down to business.

I walked back down the hallway to see Bruce with two other SHIELD agents. I gave Bruce a small hug before addressing the SHIELD agents.

"Agent Romanoff," One of the Agents nodded to me, "I'm Agent Anglen and this is Agent Markins." Both were young looking, but Agent Markins had silver hair near his ears. "We'll be patrolling the outside of your house to make sure you're alright. We'll be here for a few days before two different agents will take our place."

Agent Anglen, the one who had been talking, smiled.

"Thank you, agents. And, Bruce...?"

"Oh, I'm just making sure you're alright."

"I'm fine, but thank you." I said and gave him a smile. Bruce smiled in turn.

The agents nodded again and left through the front door. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost six o'clock. I walked over to the stove pulling from the cabinet a pot. I decided to make soup, not quite sure what Loki might like or what food they ate in Asgard. After a few minutes it was ready and I took it off the stove.

I grabbed two bowls from a cabinet and filled the soup with each. Placing one on the island for me, I grabbed a spoon and took the other one to Loki's room.

I knocked on the door. "Loki?" I asked softly, but didn't get a response. "Loki?" I called again, louder this time. "Are you hungry?"

Still no response. Did he escape? A panicked thought rushed through my head. I tried the door, but it was locked. Heart pounding, I ran to the kitchen, placing the bowl on the island next to the other before running out the front door.

"Agent Romanoff?" I turned to see both guards standing at the front door. "You okay?"

"I-Ill be right back. I need to check something!" I continued to run along the front of the house and then the side before coming to the back. The window that led to Loki's room was closed and the light was on. I peered through carefully and saw Loki sitting on the bed, reading a book that I recognized to be a book I had gotten a few years ago. So he hadn't escapes through the window.

I sighed. He has been deliberately ignoring me. I guess I wasn't surprised, and I should be happy that he hadn't escaped. I shook off every thought - I had a job, and I planned on doing it.

I went back to the front of the house.

"Everything alright?" Asked Agent Markins.

"Yes, I'm sorry if I alarmed you."

I walked in, grabbed the soup off the counter and continued on to Loki's room. I knocked harder this time. "I made soup."

With no response still, I muttered under my breath and turned to the kitchen. I dumped the soup in the sink and put the bowl in the dishwasher before picking up my own bowl and eating the soup in that.