Chapter 13

Loki was out of the car first. He rushed toward the door, not waiting for me. I dashed after him, catching him before he reached the door. He opened the door and entering it, closing it in my face. I would think they taught a prince some manners. Apparently not.

I entered after him. He was breathing in the sweet scents of pancakes, syrup, and coffee. He sighed gently, eyes closed, a small smile spreading across his face. I heard his stomach growl loudly. I felt a laugh shake my body. Loki opened his eyes to stare at me.

"What?" He asked.

"Let's get a seat. You must be starving." I said jokingly, smirking.

Loki glared at me, but followed me to a table.

I slid into a seat and he sat across from me.

"These seats are very uncomfortable!" Loki exclaimed as a young, blonde waitress approached us. I recognised her to be Tiffany, the daughter of the owner of the small café. She glared pointedly at Loki, handing him and me a menu.

"I'll send someone over to take your order in a minute." She said, giving me a small smile, and casting Loki another glare.

As she walked away, I glanced at Loki as his gaze followed her retreating form. "Did I say something?" He asked.

I sighed, "yes." He raises his brow and I continued. "That's Tiffany. She's the daughter of the owner. You kind of insulted her father's restaurant."

"What? How?" Loki genuinely looked confused.

"These seats are leather. They probably took a great deal out of the budget. And then you strut in here and call them uncomfortable like its nothing."

"Well, it is. I was stating a fact."

"An opinion." I corrected.

Loki glared at me before turning his gaze to the window to watch the cars zoom by on the road.

I picked up my menu and decided to get "Eggs Benedict." It was one of my favourite recipes.

Loki hadn't even touches his menu yet. I pointed this out. "What are you getting?"

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"For breakfast. What are you ordering."

He still looked confused, so I repeated again.

"Loki. What are you getting to eat?"

He looked more lost then ever. "Loki, your menu. What are you ordering?"

He slowly shifted his eyes to his menu sitting in front of him. The menu was brown, and tall. I didn't recognise the design, and I wondered if it had changed since I last came here with Bruce. Loki mumbled a comment as I waited, "usually, servants just bring out plates of food and you eat what you want."

I rolled my eyes as I recalled my date with Bruce briefly. I had ignored him most of the time, for I had instead been thinking about Loki. Now I sat, merely 3 seats away from where I had sat with Bruce, with the exact man I had ignored him for.

I felt a twinge of guilt in my stomach as I thought of Bruce, who I hadn't seen or heard from in a couple of days.

"This 'Big Breakfast' sounds good." Loki said, cutting into my thoughts.

"That's way too much food. It's practically an entire buffet. I'm not paying for that." I said, sharper than I had intended.

Loki glanced up from his menu, looking slightly startled at my tone.

"Sorry." I apologized. It wasn't Loki's fault that I had ignored Bruce when I last came here. Or maybe it was, I don't know. "How about you get the 'Big Breakfast' and we'll just share it."