Chapter 10

I kept glancing over at Loki during the car ride to the club. I couldn't tell if he noticed because every time I looked, he was staring out of the front windshield at the road ahead or out of his window, peering at the darkening sky.

While I drove, I tried to think about why I had let Loki come with me. It would have been a perfect situation, I leave, and he can't exactly blame me. It would have been the SHIELD agents' faults.

As I thought about it, I think his unwillingness to trust me was part of the reason. I needed him to trust me if he was going to give me answers. He was holding them back until he got what he wanted, I was sure of it. Then again, I would only let him hold back answers for so long.

I pulled into the parking lot of the club. Loki furrowed his eyebrows. "This is it?"

I nodded, wondering what he thought the club would look like.

I climbed out and I heard Loki climb out of his side as well.

From outside of the car, you could clearly hear the music blaring inside of the gray building.

"Come on," I said, pulling out a pass to get in. Loki glanced at it before following me to the door. There were two security guards at the entrance, so I showed them my pass and told them that Loki was with me. Both guards cast a suspicious glance at Loki, but let us pass.

Loki narrowed his eyes against the blaring rainbow lights once inside inside. There were tons of people dancing on the floor right next to the door, a large stereo and a dj, as well as a hallway that led back to a bar.

Spotting it, I beckoned for Loki to follow me. "The drinks are this way." I told him. Loki did not seem impressed by the club, and glanced at the dancing people in disgust as he walked by. I noticed a gleam of regret in his eyes for coming.

I rolled my eyes but didn't point it out. I headed toward the bar, glancing back only once to make sure Loki was still following.

I found a seat and Loki sat next to me. My knee touched his leg slightly and I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat, sliding away from him slightly.

"This is...not what I was expecting." Loki began after I ordered us each a shot of rum.

"What were you expecting?" I asked, and not a second later, two shot glasses were placed in front of us.

I took mine and downed it, coughing slightly as the liquid ran down my throat. Loki's was left untouched.

I ordered another shot as Loki responded. "I'm not quite sure. When you said you wanted a drink, I thought more along the lines of a nice, clean pub. Or a dining hall."

"This isn't Asgard." I responded.

"Oh, I know." Loki said dryly.

I drank my next shot. Loki still hadn't touched his own.

"I'm getting another." I told the bartender.

"You really did want a drink." Loki said, staring at me, "Here, have mine."

He slid his full shot glass over to me and I drank that, too. Shuddering, I let the stress run out of my veins.

I had my fourth that the bartender gave me and began to feel a little dizzy. I had two more, and my head began pounding. I held my head and screwed up my eyes while the pain passed. I pushed the empty shot glass away from me, signaling that I was done.

"You alright?" Loki asked me.

"Yes. We...should go dance. No more drinking."

Loki glanced over at the purple lights and music blaring in the other room. "Fine." Although he didn't sound happy.