Killing Loneliness

CHAPTER 3

October 22, 2011

Aava watched out her window as the plane touched down and started to taxi in to their gate. She hadn't been back to Helsinki since she had moved to New York two years prior, Max had made sure of that.

"Welcome home." Mige said from 2 seats over.

She smiled. She really missed Helsinki and all the friends she had left behind. Especially the three men who had flown all the way to New York without any hesitation in order to bring her back. They grabbed the bags from the overhead and made their way off the plane and through customs.

"I'm so fucking tired, I swear I can hear my bed calling my name. I have every intention of sleeping all day so don't even try to call for a rehearsal tonight." Mige warned as they exited the airport.

"No worries." Ville said with a tired chuckle.

They started to make their way towards the parking structure when Aava stopped short. She had spent the last day worrying about getting to Helsinki but now that she was here she was plagued with the problem of where she would stay. The guys turned and came to a stop once they realized she was no longer in step with them.

"Whats wrong?" Linda asked.

"I have nowhere to go. I can't go to my parents, they are in Oulu through the new year and I sold everything but my studio when I moved to New York." She said as panic started to set in.

"Aava, you can stay with me until things get sorted, its not a problem." Ville said as he moved her bag to his other shoulder.

"No, I can't do that. You just said last week that you were working on some music. I know you like to be alone during the process. I don't want to disturb you." She said with a shake of her head.

"Aava, its fine. Trust me, it won't bother me having you around, it never has." He assured her.

"Aava this is Ville we are talking about. He doesn't offer unless he means it." Linda said with a laugh.

She bit her lip and looked over at Ville.

"Are you sure you don't mind? I don't want to impose." She said.

He laughed lightly.

"Id be more than happy to have you kultaseni. Now come on, its cold as fuck out here and I'm freezing my balls off."

~~~~~~~~

Aava climbed out of the backseat with her backpack and purse as they pulled up to Ville's tower. Ville climbed out behind her and retrieved her bags from the trunk.

"Naët myóhemmin, levätä." (See you later, get some rest)Linde called out as they pulled away from the curb.

She waved after them then turned back to look up at the tower.

"Silta näyttää samalta?" (Still look the same?) Ville said from behind her.

"Joo." (Yes) she said then started to make her way up the pathway to the door. "I've always loved your tower."

He chuckled lightly as he put a bag down to pull his keys out of his pocket and unlock the door. Aava giggled at the yellow sign reading 'I want to be alone, thank you' he had posted on the door.

"You still have your key, right?" Ville asked as he looked over his shoulder at her.

"Yup. Never took it off my key chain." she said as she pulled her coat a little tighter.

"Good," He paused as he pushed the door open and stepped aside so she could walk in, "Though it may look the same outside, I have made a few changes inside."