Shatter Me With Hope

Chapter 15

The drive to the Valo's was fairly short and in a matter of 15 minutes they were pulling up to the curb. Aava smiled to herself as she listend to the two brothers arguing over a who knows what, moments like these were the ones she had missed the most. She snapped out of her daze when Jesse addressed her.

"How long have you been back in town?" Jesse asked as the three of them climbed out of the car.

"About a month." Aava said as she pulled her jacket tight to keep in the warmth.

Ville draped his arm over her shoulder, keeping things neutral until they had a chance to tell his parents. The three of them started up the path, Jesse leading the way.

"Seriously? Well that's a bit selfish Ville, holing her up in that tower of yours so no one else can spend time with her?" Jesse teased.

"I did no such thing! Everyone is perfectly aware she's back in town. It's not my fault you are behind on the times." Ville scoffed as he kicked a pile of snow causing it to spray against Jesse's back.

"Fucker!" Jesse exclaimed as he shook his jacket to free the snow that had made its way down his neck.

Ville laughed heartily, nearly slipping as he dodged his brother.

"That was rude." Aava said with a laugh.

"Yet you laughed!" Jesse said as he threw a snowball smacking Aava in the chest.

"Ouch! You little shit!" Aava exclaimed as she moved from Ville's side and making a run for the younger man.

Ville let out a chuckle as he continued up to the door and took a seat on the front step. He watched as Jesse easily got the upper hand due to the major height advantage and dropped Aava into a pile of snow on the lawn. Aava let out a scream then tried to pull him down, wrapping her legs around his ankles. Ville pulled his phone out from his pocket and fumbled with it momentarily.

"How the fuck does this thing work?" he mumbled to himself, finally finding the camera.

He snapped a picture as he heard the door knob turning behind him.

"What on earth is going on out here?!" Anita exclaimed as she opened the door only to come to a stop as soon as she saw the commotion.

"Moi." Ville said not taking his eyes off the screen of his phone as he recorded the fight in front of him.

Aava had succeeded in pulling Jesse down to the ground and was trying her hardest to maintain the advantage. Ville laughed histarically as Aava smashed a handful of snow into Jesse's face earning a smack to the back of the head from his mother.

"Ville, miksi et ole lopettanut tätä, he jäätyvät!" Anita scolded him. (Ville, why haven't you put a stop to this, they are going to freeze!)

"Wait! She's winning!" Ville exclaimed as Aava succeeded in standing up and making a run for the door.

Jesse stood up and scooped up a handful of snow.

"Jesse Oliver Valo! Drop it!" Anita scolded.

Jesse did as he was told earning a laugh from Ville who had stood up off of the front step. He pocketed his phone then dusted off some of the snow sticking to Aava's jacket then brushed it out of her long locks.

"Ok, come on everyone inside. Make sure you stomp off all that snow. Once you're done come help me in the kitchen, your Dad should be home any minute." Anita said as she ushered the three of them inside.

They did as they were told and hung their coats next to the door.

"Its like our youth all over again." Ville said as he ushered Aava in the direction of the kitchen, his hand gently resting on her lower back.