Sweet Pandemonium

CHAPTER 7

October 25, 2011

Ville turned to his side and rubbed his face with his hand. The small couch in his studio was much to small for his tall frame thus resolting in a restless night. He sat up and winced as a jolt of pain shot through his lower back.

"Fucking piece of shit couch." He grumbled as he stood up and streched.

He made his way to the bathroom and brushed his teeth then headed for his bedroom. He opened the door quietly and peaked in and upon seeing Aava still sleeping, made his way in and got dressed quietly. He grabbed the hoodie she had discarded the night before and pulled it on then made his way out of the room and down stairs to the kitchen. He opened the cupboards in search of coffee but came up empty handed. He groaned as he ran his hands over his face then let out a deep sigh, he needed caffeine despererately. He persed his lips as he looked around briefly, his eyes landed on the stairs. 'Should I wake her to see if she wants to go for coffee?' he thought to himself. He pondered thr thought over in his head for a moment then thought against it. He pulled his phone from his pocket and went to the texts and scrolled down to Mige's name.

'Free to meet up for coffee? Need to get out for a bit.'

A minute went by and his phone chimed.

'Yeah, everything ok?'

Ville rubbed his neck and scoffed.

'I'll explain over coffee. Meet you at the cafe in 20.'

Ville shoved his phone back in his pocket then made his way to the fridge and pulled out a water bottle. He grabbed the bottle of aspirin from the cupboard then scrolled out a quick note to let Aava know he had stepped out. He ran up stairs and put the water, aspirin and note on the nightstand, from his many years of drinking he knew all too well she would be needing the aspirin when she woke up. Ville made his way back down and slid on his boots and jacket then grabbed his beanie and walked out the door, locking up behind him. He made his way down the street as the events from the night before played on repeat in his head and before he knew it, he had reached the cafe. Ville stepped inside the warm shop and ordered two coffees then took a seat at a table in the corner and waited for Mige to arrive.

Five minutes later,Mige walked in the door and Ville waved him over then smiled up at server who had sat the two coffees down on the table in front of him. Mige took a seat and pulled his cup towards him and smiled at his friend.

"I swear I have impeccable timing."

Ville chuckled then picked up his cup and took a sip of the steaming liquid.

"So it seems."

"You look like shit. You ok?" Mige asked, concern filling his voice.

"Didn't get much sleep." Ville said as he leaned back in his seat.

Mige took a drink of his coffee then rested his elbows on the table waiting for him to elaborate. Ville let out a sigh as he shoved his hands into the front pocket of his hoodie.

"Aava layed one on me last night."

Mige let out a laugh.

"About time." Mige joked.

Ville shook his head.

"No, it wasn't like that. She over indulged on wine and we were just chatting on the roof deck and next thing I know..."Ville trailed off.

Mige raised a brow in curiosity.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"Of course not. I put her to bed and slept on the couch in the studio. At least tried to anyway."