Poison Girl

Chapter 10

November 2, 2011

"Im going to lunch with Tarja today. I gave her a call while you were in the shower to let her know I was back in town." Aava said as Ville pulled his shirt on.

"I'm sure that will be fun." Ville said as he made his way over to the bed and flopped down next to her.

Aava laughed as she bounced up slightly. He pulled her down on top of him and buried his face in her neck.

"What time is it?" Ville mumbled.

Aava giggled as his stubble tickled her neck then reached out to grab her phone and hit the home button.

"12:15." she answered.

"Fuck!" Ville said as he released her waist then sat up quickly, "I have to go. I'm supposed to meet Mige at the rehearsal hall to go over some stuff before the rest of the guys show up."

Aava laughed as he sprung up off the bed and kissed her temple then bound out of the room. Once she was alone, she let out a sigh. She had absolutely no idea where they stood anymore. Since the other night, they had found themselves in the same situation several times and neither of them seemed to want to put an end to it. Had they  merely become friends with benefits in his mind or was he harboring the same feelings she was? She had no idea and honestly, she was too afraid to find out. For the time being, she chose to simply enjoy what they had.

~~~~~~~

Aava pulled her coat a little tighter as she made her way towards the restaurant she was supposed to meet her friend Tarja at. It was a bit colder today, typical Helsinki weather, just a little bit colder everyday. She came to a stop as she neared the restaurant and smiled widely.

"Ei vitun tapa!" she exclaimed as she spotted her friend. (No fucking way!)

Tarja smiled brightly and let out a squeel as she walked as quickly as her pregnant belly would allow her. Aava met her half way and enveloped her in a hug.

"You didnt tell me you were pregnant! Hell no one did!" Aava exclaimed as she pulled away from their hug to take her in. "And your hair! You chopped it all off!"

Tarja laughed as she pushed a strand of her black chin lenghth hair behind her ear.

"What do you think? Too short?" she said as she turned her head slightly.

"No it looks great! Come on lets go inside." Aava said as she followed behind her.

Aava had met Tarja at the university of Helsinki the first week of her freshman year and they had been friends ever since. While Aava had majored in photography journalism, Tarja had taken to fashion design. She followed the fair skinned woman into the restaurant then took a seat at a table.

"So? What brings you back to Helsinki? Did Max get a job offer out here?" Tarja asked as she picked up her menu.

Aava bit her lip. She picked up her menu and started reading through her options.

"No, not exactly. We split up."

Tarja put her menu down and looked across the table at her friend.

"What happened?" she asked.

Aava made her decision on what she wanted then closed her menu and placed it on the table in front of her.

"I caught him cheating." she said with pursed lips.

Tarja's brows shot up in surprise.

"My god, you're kidding me. Are you ok?" she asked as a look of concern washed over her face.