Chapter 21 - A Road Block

"So, um, what are we doing at the library again?" you asked the two kids beside you.

"Don't you remember Soos fixed the laptop we found in the bunker? Now it's time to get clues from it." Dipper said with excitement.

You closed your eyes and signed, "Do you even know the password? It's hard to believe someone who wrote that journal not placing one on his laptop with of documents..."

"This is it! This is it!" Dipper turned it on and watch as the screen move. "Yes!" Then the screen showed the requirement of a password. "No!!!"

"Knew it..." you mumbled softly under your breath. "So what now?"

"Now we figure out the password." Dipper said with determination.

"Figures..." you said.

"Don't worry Bro Bro. With your brains, my lazer focus and (Y/N)'s amazing skills. We can do it!" Mabel cheered. "Well, the mystery trio is on the case!"

"Trio? I thought it would be 'Mystery Twins' or something." you questioned.

"What? Of course it would be trio. Dipper, me and counting you silly!" Mabel laughed. You got taken back.

"Wait, you mean that?"

"Of course we do. You've helped us through thick and thin. Even though we were strangers at first, you've helped us still." Dipper said look at you and at the side, then back and forth.

"Thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me." you said, tears almost threatening to come.

"You're welcome." you let what the twins said in sink and smiled warmly.

"I don't deserve this... why do I deserve this? How? They have sure kind souls, and I? Well, I'm a killer. A legendary professional assassin." you thought. You got pulled back to reality when there was music in the air.

"Did you hear that?" Mabel asked.

The three of you turned your heads to the source and saw a blonde performing with music and puppets. "So it's a puppeteer..." then there was a kissing scene. "He is not a good one..." you made a face showing disgust.

You looked at Dipper and his face was just blank. Then you looked at Mabel and she took out a book with a heart pop up and making those "Ba Bump" heartbeat sound, with her eye sparkling.

"Oh boy." Dipper only said as a reaction.

"Why? What's wrong?" you asked and stood beside Dipper.

"It's one of Mabel's summer romances... again..."

"Is that a bad thing?" you raised an eyebrow.

"No... I mean yes. She would literally do anything to get that boy to love her back."

You started to look for a deciphering code book in the nearest bookshelf and found one, then you told Dipper. "So, I found this book thats says there are 7.2 million 8-letter words."

"How do you read that fast?" Dipper turned to you.

You just smiled and continued, "You can type and Mabel, where's Mabel?"

"She's trying to impress that boy she just fell in love with..." Dipper said and started typing the possible passwords on the laptop. Then Mabel came back. "So? How did it go?"

"How hard do you think it would be to write and compose a play with sock puppets and song and music and lights and other stuff by friday?" Mabel said.

You dropped the book in your hands and the laptop "dud" Dipper meaning that the typed password was incorrect.

"What? Mabel are you serious?" Dipper asked and turned to Mabel. You picked the book back up.