Chapter 25 - Assassin's Treehouse

"Today is going to be so boring..." you complained as took a bite of the apple in your hand. You sat on the top of a pine tree and Bill floating beside you.

"Why would you say that? When you're with Pine Tree and Shooting Star, something always happens around them." Bill said. He was in his human form.

"Yeah, either the trouble comes to them or they go to it." you laughed.

"Agreed." Bill nodded. "So...why would you be bored again?"

"The twins are going to help Soos help a girlfriend..." you answered with extreme boredom.

"Oh I see..." Bill said. You can tell he was trying to make the conversation last. "Say, would you mind telling me why a girl, such as yourself, like hanging out in a tree?"

"Because, it's nice."

"If it's so nice then why don't you live in one?" Bill asked.

What Bill said hit you like a rock, why didn't you think of that. "That's right! I could!"

"You could what? Live in a tree?" Bill started laughing but stopped. "I was joking."

"I could live in a tree! Since I like being above ground and all. I could make a treehouse!" you cheered. Your eyes were like Mabel's when she was excited.

"You mean like a bird?" Bill said and you rolled your eyes. "You're an assassin! You don't live in trees!"

"I am but... I've always wanted to have a treehouse since I was little. I have the place back at home but my family wouldn't let me..." you said with a sad look.

"And now you want to build one..." Bill concluded. "Is that right?"

"Yes!" You shouted. At the time you didn't care about Bill and jumped off the tree. Your mind was filled with thoughts on your treehouse, this forest had tons of space for you.

"I would have to pick a spot close to the Mystery Shack, then a tree that is strong and tall enough and lastly I need to build it." you thought as you walked around the forest not caring if Bill followed you or not.

"This is so exciting!" you jumped up from your thought.

Bill was floating behind you with sweat dripping from his forehead. "She is acting like a little girl... Does she even care if I'm here?"

After a while of walking, you found the perfect area for your treehouse. It has large strong trees to support the house and the area is near the shack, so you could always go there during your morning walks.

You are leaning against the tree, thinking about the layout and design of your treehouse.

You know that your surroundings were still in grayscale, so you also knew that Bill hasn't left yet.

For once you didn't care, you only care about your treehouse at the moment. As long as Bill doesn't annoy you, you're fine with him being at your side.

After a few moments of thinking, you finally settled on a few ideas on your treehouse, and that was the time that Bill decided to show you something he did while waiting.

"Hey Ice Queen!" Bill shouted from behind you with some distance.

"Ya? What do you want?" you shouted back but didn't turn around to look at him. You were busy drawing a picture of your thoughts on the forest grounds with one of your daggers.

"I want you to turn around and look up!" Bill shouted again, this time he was above ground.

You sign and stood up, you slowly turned to look at Bill. "What is it... that you want me to see...?"